The ceiling fan is the most common electrical appliance in every house.
In fact, you might find more than one in a single room at times. On an average, you have around 3 fans per house in India. That makes it a tremendous statistic.
The climate in India is such that you would have at least one fan working almost all the time. Therefore, one can assume that more a hundred crore ceiling fans are working as I write this ceiling fan buying guide and review.
Table of Contents
- Best Ceiling fans in India
- 1. Gorilla Energy Saving 5 Star Rated 1200 mm ceiling fan with remote control and Bldc Motor
- 2. Orient Electric Aeroslim 1200mm Smart Premium Ceiling Fan,Underlight
- 3. Orient Electric Aeroquiet Sweep 1200 mm Ceiling Fan
- 4. Crompton HS Plus 48-inch 53-Watt Power Saver Ceiling Fan
- 5. Orient Electric Apex-FX 1200 mm Ceiling Fan
- 6. Superfan Super X1 Ceiling Fan with remote control
- 7. Jupiter Bldc Energy Efficient Remote Controlled Ceiling Fan Snow White 4 Blades
- 8. Gorilla Efficio+ Energy saving 5-Star Rated 3 Blade Ceiling Fan with remote control and BLDC motor
- 9. Usha Technix 1200 mm 5-Star Ceiling fan without regulator
- 10. Crompton Hill Briz 1200 mm Ceiling Fan
- 11. Havells Nicola 1200 mm Ceiling Fan
- 12. Bajaj New Bahar 1200 mm Ceiling Fan
- Buying Guide – Ceiling Fans
- Frequently Asked Questions
Best Ceiling fans in India
1. Gorilla Energy Saving 5 Star Rated 1200 mm ceiling fan with remote control and Bldc Motor
This ceiling fan belongs to the new breed of fans that come with a remote control unit. The remote control contains various modes thereby enabling you to save power. Let us look at some of the fascinating features of this new-generation ceiling fan.
- The brushless motor ensures that it consumes only 28 watts of electricity
- It comes with great air delivery of 220 cubic metres per minute.
- This fan runs 3 times longer on an inverter thereby resulting in extended battery life.
- The Bldc motor (Brushless DC Motor) ensures no loss of heat.
- It is a noiseless fan having aesthetic looks
- Three-year warranty
2. Orient Electric Aeroslim 1200mm Smart Premium Ceiling Fan,Underlight
This slim electric ceiling fan indeed represents the next generation of ceiling fans because of its excellent features.
- This ceiling fan comes equipped with the Internet of Things technology thereby ensuring it is a smart fan to have in your bedroom.
- The inverter technology in use saves more than 40% energy while ensuring that the fan functions even at voltages as low as 140V.
- This Orient ceiling fan with an aerodynamic and slim design ensures the highest air delivery among all other fans on the market.
- The hydrographic PU finish complements the bend and rust-proof ABS body
- The ceiling-adjustable telescopic mounting feature makes it one of the most beautiful fans to have in your drawing room.
- Using the remote control unit, you can control the fan without having to move from your bed.
- You need to download the Orient Smart App that is compatible with both Alexa and Google Assistant voice controls.
- Using this app you can do different tasks such as scheduling the working of the fan, use turbo mode for maximum speed, rotate the fan in reverse direction for better air circulation, use the scene switching light, turn on the Breeze mode and Sleep Mode for better comfort, and use the built-in timer.
3. Orient Electric Aeroquiet Sweep 1200 mm Ceiling Fan
Orient is a reputed ceiling fan manufacturer in India. The Orient Electric Aeroquiet is the latest model from the Orient stable. It boasts of an aerodynamic design capable of delivering outstanding performance. Let us look at some of the excellent features of this beautiful-looking ceiling fan.
- The aerodynamic design ensures a powerful air throw to every corner of the room.
- The significant feature of these blades is that they are rust proof.
- Each blade comes with a high gloss finish
- This fan has a reputation for being a silent operator.
The 18-Pole motor has double ball bearings for smooth operations
4. Crompton HS Plus 48-inch 53-Watt Power Saver Ceiling Fan
Crompton is another reputed name in the Indian ceiling fan manufacturing industry. Somehow, the brown colour suits ceiling fans the best. This ceiling fan looks simple but packs a powerful punch because of the following additional features.
- The 1200 mm blades ensure air delivery to every corner of the room
- This fan is a BEE 5-star rated fan thereby saving electricity
- Makes no noise at all while functioning
- The double ball bearing motor ensures durability and reliability
- The product comes with a 2-year warranty
5. Orient Electric Apex-FX 1200 mm Ceiling Fan
Available in two colours, this Orient model is one of the most popular ones available on the market. The highlight of the Orient fans is that they blend easily with the décor of your room. In addition to delivering high speed, this fan has some of the best features you could expect in a ceiling fan.
- Reliable and efficient copper motor
- This fan comes with wide blades capable of higher air delivery and thrust
- The double ball bearing motor ensures smooth operations
The ribbed aluminium blades, set at a unique angle, draw in more air and deliver it to a larger area.
6. Superfan Super X1 Ceiling Fan with remote control
The Superfan Super X1 ceiling fan comes with a unique design with differently shaped blades. The highlight of this ceiling fan is that it comes with remote control. There is no need to operate the switches, especially at night. Here are some attractive features of this fan.
- Aesthetic design
- The aerodynamic design ensures higher air delivery
- The contrasting colours make it attractive to look at.
- Consumes less power than its peers
- Comes with a 5-year warranty
7. Jupiter Bldc Energy Efficient Remote Controlled Ceiling Fan Snow White 4 Blades
Usually, you see ceiling fans with three blades. However, fans come with four blades as well. More the number of blades longer are the air throw. The brushless motor ensures low noise while rotating. Here are some of the salient features of this pristine looking fan.
- This fan comes with a powerful Brushless DC motor capable of high air delivery
- The dynamically balanced blades deliver ait to all corners of the room
- The smart motor technology in use prevents overheating of the engine.
- The power consumption is 30 watts making it an excellent power saving appliance
- The ceiling fan comes with a 3-year warranty
8. Gorilla Efficio+ Energy saving 5-Star Rated 3 Blade Ceiling Fan with remote control and BLDC motor
- The Gorilla Efficio Energy saving fan is one of the most economical fans in the market as it consumes only 28 watts power at the highest speed.
- The energy efficient Brushless DC motor (BLDC motor) does not have any mechanical brush for commutation of the windings. Hence, it reduces friction and the power loss associated with it thereby saving you a lot by way of power savings.
- The optimized rotor and stator design results in low heat loss thereby increasing efficiency.
- This fan comes with a superior paint finish making it an attractive fan to have in the house.
- The air delivery of 220 cubic meters per minute is one of the best in the industry.
- This fan runs three times longer on the inverter whereby it increases battery life.
- The highly decorative design renders a premium finish to the fan
- The remote control function allows you to use different modes without moving from your bed.
9. Usha Technix 1200 mm 5-Star Ceiling fan without regulator
Trust Usha to come up with some of the best home appliances at all times. Usha is a reputed name in the ceiling fan manufacturing industry. You have some of the best ceiling fans from Usha. This one, the Usha Technix is one such model in the long list of Usha fans. Here are some of the best features of this ceiling fan.
- 5-star rated decorated fan
- High air delivery because of the aesthetically designed blades.
- Consumes low power up to 43 watts
- The high lift angle of the ensure better air delivery
- The glossy powder finish provides long life to the fan
- The speed of 330 rpm makes it one of the best in the industry
- The product comes with a 2-year warranty
10. Crompton Hill Briz 1200 mm Ceiling Fan
Here we have a ceiling fan with traditional design, but with exemplary performance. The simple design is the highlight of this ceiling fan. The fan rotates at a speed of 370 rpm making it an excellent appliance. Look at some of the beautiful features of this fan.
- The 48-inches sweep makes it a powerful fan.
- The double ball bearing motor makes it a noiseless fan
- The fan has a power output of 75 watts
- The appliance comes with a warranty of 2 years
- The aluminium body is a light one, enabling delivery of air over a large area
11. Havells Nicola 1200 mm Ceiling Fan
Havells has a reputation for manufacturing some of the most aesthetically designed fans in India. The highlight of this brand is that its performance matches its looks in every way. Hence, you end up having a powerhouse of a fan. Here are some of the glorious features of the Havells Nicola.
- The sturdy aluminium body makes it durable and powerful fan at the same time
- The 68-watt power output can be high by present standards, but they make this fan a smooth operator.
- The innovative design of this fan blends perfectly with the décor of your house.
- The 280 rpm speed ensures air delivery to almost all corners of the room.
- The exquisite design makes it easy to clean.
12. Bajaj New Bahar 1200 mm Ceiling Fan
When you discuss home appliances, the name Bajaj is a common factor. Bajaj is an extremely reliable brand. There are examples of people buying Bajaj products blindfolded. Such is the reputation they have built over the years. This ceiling fan is no different. Here are some notable features.
- This ceiling fan is renowned for its air delivery and speed.
- The double ball bearing motor ensures low noise
- The rust-free powder coated finish makes it an excellent design
- The quick-start torque motor is a powerful one.
- The ribbed blades bend at the ends to ensure more delivery of air to all parts of the room.
- The fan comes with a 2-year warranty
We have seen ten different models of ceiling fans. Each of these fans is a winner in its way. Some of the fans come with the latest features such as remote control and so on.
You have some of the oldest brands like Usha, Crompton, and others. At the same time, you have the new kids on the block like Gorilla and Jupiter. Let us now go on to discuss the things you should look for in a ceiling fan.
This buying guide will help you decide which of the ceiling fans suit you the best.
Buying Guide – Ceiling Fans
A ceiling fan is the most common electrical accessory in the house after the tube lights and the incandescent bulbs.
Every home in India, the slums included, usually has at least one ceiling fan. A ceiling fan is an essential appliance in almost every part of India because of the climatic conditions.
Generally, people feel that the ceiling fans do not consume much electricity. Therefore, when it comes to adopting power-saving measures, they concentrate on appliances like the microwave oven, refrigerators, and air conditioners.
The ceiling fans consume a lot of electricity because they function throughout the day and night, as well. Hence, it is necessary to purchase energy-efficient ceiling fans.
Accordingly, BEE has started rating the ceiling fans for its efficiency today.
People do not go much into the details when they buy ceiling fans. Purchasing the ideal ceiling fan for the house not only ensures its optimum performance but also saves money by way of power savings.
This ceiling fan buying guide will concentrate on these features to help people select the right option.
Room Size Vs. Fan Sweep Size
Ceiling fans are available in various sizes ranging between 900 mm to 1400 mm (35 to 55 inches). The most commonly preferred fan sweep size is 1200 mm (48 inches).
Ceiling fans are available outside this range, as well. The size of the room plays a significant role in selecting the optimum fan sweep size. This table should make it convenient for you to understand.
|Room Size||Fan Sweep Size|
|Less than 75 square feet||900 mm (35 – 36 inches)|
|Between 75 and 100 square feet||1050 mm (41 – 42 inches)|
|Between 100 and 130 square feet||1200 mm (48 inches)|
|Between 130 and 150 square feet||1400 mm (55 to 56 inches)|
|More than 150 square feet||Better to use two ceiling fans|
The fan sweep size is the diameter of the circle covered by the fan when it is in motion. Ideally, the fan should be in the centre of the room to cover the maximum area.
If you have large rooms in the house, you should adjust the location of the fans accordingly to ensure proper air circulation.
Number of Fan Blades
The fan motor is the heart and soul of the ceiling fan. Generally, there are two types of motors.
The single-phase induction motor is a popular one with Indian fan manufacturers. This motor uses several wires and winding poles for supplying single-phase voltage to the fan’s rotors.
Such motors require a permanent capacitor. These motors can do the job but not as efficiently as the BLDC motors.
BLDC motors are efficient as they rotate at continuous speeds. Secondly, these motors do not make as much noise as the conventional single-phase induction motors.
Most importantly, the BLDC motors save current as they consume less power while being more efficient in comparison.
Ceiling Fan Controlling options
In the olden days, ceiling fans had regulators fixed on the switchboard using which one could control the speed of the fan’s rotation.
Today, you have remote controlling options for switching on the fans and controlling their speed. They are any day better than the electronic regulators that are commonly used in many Indian homes.
Today, fans with light kits are also available that serve a dual purpose of illuminating the room along with circulating air.
Some of the light kit-fitted fans come with a pull chain operation or remote-controlled operation, as well.
Some of the other exciting features available in today’s fans are anti-dust and anti-rust that go on to extend the lifespan of the appliance.
Location of the ceiling fan
Installation of the fan
Installing a ceiling fan is not a challenging task. Anyone can do it, but an electrician is the most qualified person to do the job.
The ceiling fan manual comes with an installation guide. It is advisable to go through it before trying to install your fan at home.
Secondly, there should be a minimum of 12 inches between the blade and the ceiling.
If you reside in regions having a hot climate, it is better to leave an 18-inch gap between the blade and the ceiling. It ensures that the fan does not push hot air to the floor.
The ceiling should be straight. In case you have a sloping roof, you should opt for a longer rod. It ensures that the fan blades do not graze the ceiling while in motion.
Ceiling Fan Maintenance Tips
Purchasing a ceiling fan after going through this guide is easy. However, one should maintain the appliance well so that it serves you well.
- One should clean the fan blades regularly. During the rotation process, the blades accumulate dust. This dust increases the weight of the blades, thereby affecting the rotation speed. Thus, it affects the fan motor, as well. Clean the blades using your vacuum cleaner. One can also wipe the blades clean using soap and water.
- Every ceiling fan comes with a unique set of blades. One should ensure not to interchange them with blades of other fans. It can have an effect on the overall efficiency of the fan.
- Ensure that the canopy is securely in place. A loose canopy can brush against the fan during rotation, thereby making an uncomfortable sound.
- If you notice a reduction in the fan speed over a period, consult an electrician or a ceiling fan mechanic. The motor might need rewinding.
We have discussed every aspect of a ceiling fan. Therefore, it should not be an issue now. It is better to check out the BEE star rating on ceiling fans.
The higher the rating, the better is the quality of the fan. Fans with higher star ratings consume less power in comparison to those with lower ratings.
BEE has made it mandatory for ceiling fans to come with star ratings from 2020 onwards.
Frequently Asked Questions
It is not as if the fan will not function. However, it will affect the overall efficiency of the fan. The blades that come with the unit are synchronized to work with the motor.
The regulator is useful for regulating the speed of the fan. Otherwise, the fan will rotate at the maximum speed every time you switch it on.
The 5-blade fan is expensive when compared to those with three or four blades. They are less efficient in terms of air delivery. However, the five-blade fans make less noise in comparison to the regular ceiling fans.
The fans available today come with anti-rust coating on the fan blades. Hence, these fans do not rust. Fans with anti-dust features are also available. The benefit of using such fans is that they require less maintenance. Dust does not stick to the blades. Hence, you do not have to clean them frequently.
Yes, it is better to go for a ceiling fan that offers the highest warranty. Generally, fans work efficiently. They do not break down frequently. It also depends on how you use the fan, as well.
It is not advisable to reduce the gap below eight feet. Apart from affecting the overall efficiency and performance of the ceiling fan, you can injure your hands if you lift them absentmindedly.
You might need more than one fan if you have large rooms. It is better to place them apart by a minimum of eight to ten feet. Otherwise, the air circulation can overlap, thereby affecting the fan’s performance.
Yes, you have facilities today to buy a ceiling fan online. It is better if you visit the shop and look at the performance of the fan before ordering it online.
The functions of a ceiling fan are different from that of an air conditioner. Hence, there should be no issue in having both these appliances in the same room. They complement each other well, whereby you can save electricity in the bargain.
No, the lights do not rotate along with the fan. They have a separate attachment that keeps them stationary.