Come June, and you expect the rains to be all over us in India. Unfortunately, it does not happen this way every year. You have places like Chennai still suffering from the heat.
The best way to beat the heat is to forgo the cup of ‘kaapi’ that ‘Chennaiites’ love and go for the fresh fruit juices.
It is an excellent idea for the people living in such hot and humid places to invest in a good cold press juicer. We shall look at some of the favourite cold press juicer brands available on the market.
Table of Contents
- Best Cold Press Juicers in India 2020
- 1. Kuvings Professional Cold Press Whole Slow Juicer
- 2. Hestia Nutri-Max Cold Press Juicer
- 3. Kuvings Evo-Series Professional 240W Cold Press Whole Slow Juicer
- 4. Hurom Watt Cold Press Juicer
- 5. Bosch Lifestyle MESM731M – Cold Press Slow Juicer
- 6. Balzano ZZJ827M Cold Press Slow Juicer
- 7. Borosil Health Pro Cold Press Slow Juicer
- 8. Usha Nutripress (362F) 240-Watt Cold Press Slow Juicer
- 9. Panasonic MJ-L500 150-Watt Cold Press Slow Juicer
- 10. Havells Nutrisense 150W Cold Press Slow Juicer
- 11. Usha Nutripress (361S) 200-Watt Cold Press Slow Juicer
- Buyer’s Guide – Cold Press Juicers
Best Cold Press Juicers in India 2020
1. Kuvings Professional Cold Press Whole Slow Juicer
- This juicer is a cold press or masticating juicer that squeezes the ingredients to extract fresh juice. It ensures to retain the maximum nutrients thereby improving the taste of the product.
- The large mouth measuring around 76mm allows you to feed all vegetables, fruits, and greens comfortably. It is also instrumental in extracting nut milk out of cashews, almonds, dates, and even coconuts.
- You get the best quality of fruit and vegetable juices without having to add any preservatives whereby you end up improving your overall health.
- The sturdy body design of the B1700 is not only an attractive one but also saves valuable space on the kitchen counter top and cabinets.
- The USP of the juicer is the ULTEM-based auger. The advantage is that ULTEM is the materials used in aircraft and medical equipment. It provides the necessary strength to the auger and strainer.
- The patented cleaning technology that comes with this juicer is another highlighting feature. It helps you clean the residue by putting the filter inside the rotating and cleaning brush. Twisting the brush ensures to clean the strainer.
- This juicer comes with a smart cap that prevents any leakage of juices while pouring. It also enables you to mix two or more juices effectively.
- This juicer is an extremely safe one because the safety lock ensures that the juicer does not work unless you precisely connect the body and the drum.
- The in-built low-noise design makes sure that you can prepare your fruit juices without causing any noise pollution. This design ensures less vibration and thereby reduces the noise.
- The 76mm wide feeding tube is ideal because you do not have to chop the fruits before inserting them. This juicer allows you to insert an entire apple easily.
2. Hestia Nutri-Max Cold Press Juicer
- The nutrition retention is always better in the cold press juicers as compared to the centrifugal ones. The Hestia Nutri-Max produces dense fruit juices with no air bubbles at all. Hence, there is no oxidation, that affects the taste of the juice. Such juices stay fresh for a longer time.
- This juicer ensures anti-oxidation of the body with the maximum vitamins, nutrients, phytochemicals, and trace minerals.
- You get more quantity of juice from this cold press juicer in comparison to the centrifugal juicers. The extraction is complete as it leaves the pulp bone dry after the juice extraction is over.
- Every part of the juicer comes in contact with food items. Hence, you need to maintain high hygiene standards. Each piece of this juicer is 100% BPA free. The manufacturers use Ultem Plastic (spacecraft material) for making the auger. The juicer bowl is made from triton plastic. The filters are of stainless steel 304 grade and Ultem plastic.
- Cleaning the juicer is easy as it does not take more than a minute to do so.
- The juicer comes with a feeding tube, large enough to hold a fill apple or orange.
- The auger comes with patented large knobs to squeeze the last drops of juice from the fruits. The bigger auger and the high speed of 60 RPM allow for squeezing the maximum juice from the fruits.
- This juicer comes with quality attachments like separate strainers for juices, smoothies, and frozen fruit gelatos.
3. Kuvings Evo-Series Professional 240W Cold Press Whole Slow Juicer
- An independent UK publication calls this Kuvings cold press juicer, ‘The Rolls Royce of all Juicers.’ It deserves appreciation because of its extremely silent operations. It comes with excellent features to rank as the best cold press juicer available in India today.
- The powerful 240W Brushless AC motor, the soul of this juicer, has one of the highest torques in the industry. Thus, it ranks as an exceptional appliance in its niche.
- The patented JCMS technology guarantees a yield of a minimum of 10% more juice than other juicers in its category.
- The outstanding feature of this cold press juicer is its wide feeding tube that allows you to push whole fruits inside the appliance. Besides reducing preparation time, it reduces nutritional loss.
- The Kuvings cleaning tool is an excellent one as it enhances the convenience levels considerably.
- This juicer allows you to extract the maximum juice from fruits, vegetables, and leafy greens.
- It is possible to prepare healthy and delicious nut milk from almonds, cashews, and soy, etc.
- The 5th generation patented Silicon-free juicing bowl improves the overall durability and makes it convenient to assemble and clean the apparatus.
- This juicer features an upgraded ULTEM auger for faster and comfortable juice extraction.
- This appliance comes equipped with a smart cap and pulp outlet. It is also a perfect appliance for preparing blend recipes. The small cut in the pulp outlet enables quicker cleaning.
4. Hurom Watt Cold Press Juicer
- The Hurom cold press juicers feature second-generation squeezing technology to extract the final drop of juice from your fruits and vegetables.
- This product is a result of more than four and a half decades of engineering experience and expertise. The compact juicer blends beautifully with the smallest of kitchens and enhances its overall appeal.
- The spectacular highlight of this juicer is its slow squeezing speed to minimise nutrient loss due to exposure to oxygen and frictional heat.
- The delicate and coarse strainer is another exciting feature that helps to effectively filter out solid particles and separate pure juice with a soft, velvety texture. The difference in the external and internal size of the strainer facilitates the straining process beautifully. It is made of durable polyetherimide and stainless-steel.
- Assembling and disassembling the Hurom cold press juicer is a convenient job. You can insert the screw in any angle and press to finish the assembly with the new bottom structure.
- Cleaning this cold press juicer is easy as the innerspring brush rotates to clean the chamber and the strainer while juicing. It reduces clogging and therefore, enhances juicing efficiency.
- Compared to the first-generation Huron cold press juicers, the second generation comes equipped with two wings to pull down the contents gently to squeeze it properly. Thus, it enriches the natural flavour and nutritional value.
- The AC motor is renowned for its silent operation. Besides, it is durable, thereby ensuring the long lifespan of these juicers.
- You can use the Hurom cold press juicer to extract juice from vegetables, fruits, and leafy greens. It is also comfortable to extract milk from nuts.
5. Bosch Lifestyle MESM731M – Cold Press Slow Juicer
- Bosch brings the best German technology into your kitchen through these high-quality cold press slow juicers. They are the best companions for better immunity and healthy living.
- The Bosch cold press juicer is better than the regular juicer because it dispenses healthy, fibre-rich, and thick juice. It is one of the most silent operators in its niche. It is ideal for extracting juice from fruits, root vegetables, leaves, and even herbs.
- This juicer performs a slow squeezing action to extract the last drop of juice from fruits and vegetables. Thus, it ensures excellent nutritional value.
- This juicer comes equipped with three filters, coarse filter for delicious smoothies, fine filter for healthy juices, and sorbet filter for an ice-cool treat.
- The MixControl feature removes seeds to keep your beverages smooth. Thus you have complete control over the fruit pulp.
- The slow juicing action ensures to squeeze every bit of juice and offers a versatile assortment of juices and smoothies complete with vitamins and minerals.
- Assembling or disassembling of this juicer is easy. It is also amongst the most convenient juicers to clean. You can wash it under the kitchen tap or place it into the dishwasher.
- The VitaBar App introduces healthy recipes along with personalised recommendations and shopping lists to help you in your healthy living endeavour.
- Unlike other cold press juicers, this cold press juicer lets you extract coconut milk, spinach smoothies, and avocado juice. Preparing the Pandan Kaya jam and the Pina Colada Sorbet is easy as this juicer comes with a free recipe book.
6. Balzano ZZJ827M Cold Press Slow Juicer
- Just as Bosch brings the best of German technology, Balzano introduces Italian craftsmanship and designs into the Indian kitchen. Balzano has a century-old tradition of manufacturing excellent home appliances.
- Besides offering the best products, Balzano commits itself to provide the highest quality of customer service.
- Cold press is an excellent form of juice extraction because it eliminates oxidation, thereby reducing nutritional loss and making your juices taste better and healthier.
- Balzano juicer can handle fruits, vegetables, and leafy greens with equal efficiency. The slow juicing process gets the best out of these foods and delivers the maximum nutrients to your body.
- The Juice max technology compresses the foodstuffs and extracts the maximum juice to leave the pulp dry.
- One of the stellar qualities of this Balzano juicer is its silent operations. The aluminium body and the motors slow-motion reduce the noise levels considerably.
- This juicer removes the fibre from fruits and gives you crystal clear juice to drink with all the nutrients intact.
- It is one of the best cold press juicers for extracting milk from nuts like almonds, and cashews.
- Italian technology enhances your kitchen’s ambience as this elegant-looking juicer occupies pride of place in your kitchen.
- The Balzano juicer has two separate outlets for removing the pulp and juices. Hence, there are no chances of them mixing to give a contaminated output.
- On the safety front, the Balzano cold press juicer is well equipped because the machine does not start functioning unless you assemble all the parts correctly.
7. Borosil Health Pro Cold Press Slow Juicer
- We have discussed the Italian, Korean, and German brand models of cold press juicers. India has its indigenously made products in this category, as well. The Borosil Health pro cold press slow juicer is India’s entry into this list of the best juicers available in the country.
- The stunning highlight of this machine is that it offers stellar performance at par with the international models while being priced attractively at less than Rs 10,000.
- The slow squeezing juicing technology is the best way to extract fruit juice. It enables maximum extraction and retains all the necessary nutrients.
- Slow squeezing does not allow the oxidation process, thereby ensuring to pack all the goodness into the fruit juices.
- This juicer features a large 80mm mouth for feeding entire fruits and vegetables. While it should be sufficient for vegetables, it is advisable to cut the fruits and removes the seeds before pushing them in.
- The reverse function is an excellent arrangement because it enables you to clear the pulp if it sticks to the blades.
- This juicer works on a low-noise motor and is hence, preferred by homemakers.
- The machine comes with an exclusive 600ml pulp and juice cup container.
- The overheat protector on the motor is a quality arrangement because it protects the engine from damage.
- The safety lock ensures that the machine does not start functioning if you have fitted the components incorrectly.
- This cold press juicer is excellent for extracting juice from both hard and soft fruits and vegetables.
8. Usha Nutripress (362F) 240-Watt Cold Press Slow Juicer
- The Cold Press technology ensures to maintain the natural taste and nutrition value of fruits and vegetables. It is not possible to have these levels of nutrition if you use the grinding juicers.
- The Usha juicer comes with a wide mouth capable of taking in whole uncut vegetables and fruits to provide the maximum nutrition to the body.
- The low temperature juicing and silent operation ensures you get more juice, nutrition, and taste of your fruits and vegetables.
- The juicer comes with detachable parts thereby making it extremely easy to clean and maintain.
- The auger is made of high-grade BPA free plastic. The smart cap prevents the spillage of juice from the jars
- The Usha juicer comes with three strainers, fine, coarse, and dessert filters. It also has two jars, the pulp container, and the juice container.
- The juicing bowl holds the auger, spinning brush and filters.
9. Panasonic MJ-L500 150-Watt Cold Press Slow Juicer
- This Panasonic juicer is a slow juicer. Hence, it is possible to extract the maximum juice, nutrition, and taste from the vegetables and fruits. The unique mechanism ensures the retention of vitamins, minerals, and enzymes.
- As it works at a low temperature, it is good for healthy and natural juicing.
- The slow compression system ensures the formation of less foam and resists juice discolouration from oxidation thereby enhancing the taste and ensuring it lasts long.
- Rinsing the juicer between juices is easy by running clean water through the juicer’s versatile anti-drip cap.
- The highlight of this juicer is that it is easy to clean
- The juicer is a strong one as the plastic materials used for manufacturing the screw and strainer are eight times stronger than other plastics to withstand heavy-duty juicing.
- The low-speed squeezing auger is perfect for crushing vegetables and fruits and preserves healthy enzymes by delaying the oxidation process.
10. Havells Nutrisense 150W Cold Press Slow Juicer
- The Havells cold press slow juicer is the ideal appliance to provide you with the most natural fruit and vegetable juices. The juicer is easy to use. The aesthetic design makes it mess-free as well. The powerful motor ensures that the juicer can handle the hardest of fruits and vegetables with ease. The juicer works on the patented slow squeeze technology that mimics extraction of juice by hand.
- The juicer is a sturdy one made of stainless steel. The plastic parts are made of ABS material thereby making the juicer durable.
- The motor runs at 47 rpm thereby ensuring the extraction of maximum juice from the vegetables and fruits.
The built-in strainer separates the juice from the pulp effortlessly. You do not have to separate the fibre and the residue from the extract manually.
- The juicer comes with a unique safety lock that prevents the accidental running of the appliance thereby preventing the causing of a mess all around the kitchen.
- The juicer comes with a complimentary Tritan Material Smoothies maker. The high-quality plastic does not contain any BPA in it.
- The electronic touch controls make it easy to handle this juicer. The backlit panel is touch sensitive and operational without having to press buttons.
11. Usha Nutripress (361S) 200-Watt Cold Press Slow Juicer
- The Usha Nutripress works at a low temperature to ensure that you get more of high quality juice, more nutrition, and more taste from vegetables and fruits.
- This juicer can cater to hard fruits and vegetables, nuts, grains, and frozen desserts.
- It extracts more juice than the conventional centrifugal juicers.
- Cleaning the juicer is very easy.
- Juicer is easy to handle.
- The attachments include separate containers for collecting pulp and juice. The fine filter is perfect for the soft fruits whereas the coarse filter is ideal for crushing pulpy fruits.
We have just seen eight of the best cold press juicers available on the market. The hot climate prevalent in almost all parts of India throughout the year entails that you have one such appliance in every home.
Before you venture to buy the juicers, you should have an idea about the different types of juicers. The cold press juicers are the most effective of all these juicers.
Let us look at the buyer’s guide for cold press juicers. It can make your task of buying these juicers easy.
Buyer’s Guide – Cold Press Juicers
Vegetables and fruits should form part of your diet every day. Not everyone likes to eat vegetables. Cooking the vegetables robs them of their nutrients.
The best way to have vegetables is to have them raw. Therefore vegetable juices are the best option. These juices have the maximum nutrition value.
You have a variety of juicers in the market. Choosing the right one can be a challenging task to do. This buyer’s guide should make it easy for you.
Types of Juicers
There are two types of juicers, the centrifugal juicers, and the cold press juicers. Let us look at both these types of juicers and compare them.
These juicers are high-speed juicers that separate the pulp using the process of grinding. The motor rotates at a speed of 15000 rpm. Crushing an apple at this speed is easy.
However, these juicers produce a lot of foam whereby the juices lose valuable nutrients through oxidation. Hence, such fruit juices have a short shelf life.
Cold Press Juicers – Masticating Juicers
As the name suggests, these juicers have a low speed of around 40 to 80 rpm. It makes the juice extraction process very slow, but you get high quality juice.
There is no oxidation, and hence the juices retain their natural taste, nutrients, enzymes, and minerals. The juicer works by squeezing the fruit through the shaft. Therefore, you have a more substantial quantity of juice as well.
Different Types of cold press juicers
Vertical Masticating Juicer
These juicers have a compact design. Most of the people favour these juicers because it is ideal for kitchens of all sizes. The vertical masticating juicers come with a cap that allows you to mix your juices inside the juicing chamber. The self-cleaning system is a highlight as it makes the juicer easy to clean and maintain.
Horizontal Masticating Juicer (Slow Juicer)
The horizontal juicers have additional juicing functions that enable it to produce juice from green leafy vegetables. Many such juicers come with attachments for making pasta noodles, mincing, and preparing nut butter.
Advantages of the Cold Pressed Juicers
The cold press juicers work by gently applying pressure on the fruits and vegetables to extract a mixture of pulp and juice.
The benefits of the cold press juicer are that they help retain the nutritional value of the fruits and vegetables after removing their juices.
These juicers do not produce much heat thereby ensuring the retention of vitamins, enzymes, and trace minerals. Let us look at some of the apparent benefits of using the cold press juicers.
Points to consider while purchasing a cold press juicer
You get a variety of cold press juicers in India. You should be aware of the following points while venturing to purchase cold press juicers.
These juicers come in various designs and sizes. Choose the one that suits your kitchen the best. The compact juicers are easy to store as they do not have many parts.
The yield of pulp
The pulp yield is more in cold press juicers as compared to the centrifugal juicers. It helps in retaining the essence of the fruits thereby improving its flavour and taste.
Check out the pulp ejection system in your cold press juicers. The cold press juicers have separate containers for extracting pulp and juice. Some of the juicers have external containers.
Such juicers are better because they save you the trouble of stopping the operation to remove the pulp.
The motor power depends on the usage of the juicer. If you plan to use the juicer for extracting fruit juice alone, you do not require a high-power motor. You need high-powered motors to extract juice from hard and green leafy vegetables.
The ideal motor for your juicer is the 400-watt motor. It caters to the vegetables and the fruits. Another factor that plays a vital role in the selection of the motor is the frequency of usage.
The centrifugal juicer is similar to the mixers and grinders you use at home. They make a lot of noise. On the other hand, these cold press masticating juicers do not make noise at all.
The cold press juicers are slow juicers with the motor running at speeds in the range of 40 rpm to 80 rpm. The centrifugal juicers run at an astonishing rate of 15000 rpm. The issue with the speed is that it generates a high amount of heat.
The cold press juicers work slowly, and hence ensure that they retain the nutritious value of the fruits and vegetables.
The speed of the motor is directly proportional to the temperature. The faster the engine runs, the more heat it generates. The cold press juicers do not generate any heat at all. Therefore, they are ideal for maintaining the level of vitamins, enzymes, trace minerals, and nutrients at the optimum value.
Feeder tube size
It is ideal to cut the fruits and vegetables before inserting them into the juicer. It makes the job more comfortable for the appliance. Also, you can ensure that there are no insects inside the fruits and vegetables when you cut them up.
This process can take some initial time. However, if you want to save time, you can opt for juicers having larger feeder tubes where you can insert the vegetables like carrots and beetroots easily.
Some juicers come with tubes wide enough to accommodate uncut apples and sweet limes.
Cleaning a juicer can take time. You have to ensure removal of every fibre that can stick to the auger. The modern-day juicers come with auto cleaning facilities that enable you to clean them between two juicing processes by passing cold water and running it for a few minutes.
In the ordinary course, you can detach the different parts and clean them separately. Most of the juicer parts are dishwasher safe.
Look out for the juicers that are easier to handle. The juicer should be easy to assemble and disengage to enable easy cleaning. The large feeding tubes save you the considerable time you waste in cutting the fruits and vegetables.
Also, the larger tubes prevent clogging of the pulp inside the juicer. Some juicers come with reverse rotating functions to extricate the pulp stuck to the augers.
Most of the juicer manufacturers have service centres in the top cities of India. Hence, availability of spare parts should not be an issue at all. The Indian made juicers like Kent and Havells are ideal because you get these spare parts everywhere. Check out the availability of spare parts in case of the Korean made juicers.
Ratings and reviews
Go through the product reviews and customer ratings before deciding on the best cold press juicer. Concentrate on the negative aspects more and go for the juicers that have the least negative ratings.
You can access these reviews and ratings at online retail eCommerce stores like Amazon and Flipkart.
Choose the right brand
Do your research thoroughly before choosing the right brand of cold press juicers. Do not go for the fancy names. Sticking to the trusted brands is advisable. You can always refer to the internet to check out the popularity of the juicer brands.
Doing your research in the initial stages can save you a lot of problems later on.
The customer service plays a vital role in selecting the right juicer. Most of the negative reviews concern customer service.
The price of the juicer
Check out the price of the juicer before deciding to buy the same. Remember that the most expensive juicer is not necessarily the best one available on the market. If you are new to juicing, it is better to opt for a centrifugal juicer.
Subsequently, you can graduate to the cold press juicers. Shopping at Amazon and Flipkart can help you get attractive discounts and cashback offers. You can also take advantage of paying the amount in instalments.
Differences between centrifugal juicers and cold press juicers
|Specifications||Centrifugal Juicers||Cold Press Juicers|
|Retention of nutrients||Does not retain a lot of nutrients due to the generation of excess heat||Does not produce much heat. Hence possible to maintain a majority of essential nutrients|
|Leafy vegetables||Less efficient while processing leafy vegetables||Extremely efficient as it can extract a lot of juice from green vegetables|
|The shelf life of juice||Operates at incredibly high speeds in the range of 15000 rpm||Very slow speeds in the range of 40 rpm to 80 rpm|
|Noise levels||24 hours 72 hours||If you store them in the refrigerator, you can maintain the freshness for as many as 21 days|
|Price||Makes a lot of noise||Makes minimum noise|
|Table||Lower priced||Greater facilities hence rated higher|
|Extraction of pulp||Less pulp||More pulp|
Best brands available in the market
Some of the best brands available in the market are
We have discussed these brands earlier in the article. Extracting juice from fruits and vegetables is the best way to take advantage of the nutrients.
The cold press juicers do a great job of extracting the maximum juice from the hardest of vegetables and fruits.
So, the next time you need a glass of fresh vegetable or fruit juice, you need not visit the local juice centre. You can have your juices right at home.
It is the healthiest way of having fresh juices. You do not have to contend with the cheap quality of fruits and vegetables that the roadside juice vendors use.
You end up compromising on your health. Have the best and most natural fruit juices at home from the choicest of fruits and vegetables.