Come June, and you expect the rains to be all over us in India. Unfortunately, it does not happen this way every year. You have places like Chennai still suffering from the heat.
The best way to beat the heat is to forgo the cup of ‘kaapi’ that ‘Chennaiites’ love and go for the fresh fruit juices.
It is an excellent idea for the people living in such hot and humid places to invest in a good cold press juicer. We shall look at some of the favourite cold press juicer brands available on the market.
Table of Contents
- Best Cold Press Juicers in India 2020
- 1. Hestia Nutri-Max Cold Press Juicer (Wine Red)
- 2. Kuvings Professional Cold Press Whole Slow Juicer
- 3. Kuvings Limited Edition Professional Cold Press Whole Slow Juicer
- 4. Usha Nutripress (362F) 240-Watt Cold Press Slow Juicer
- 5. Panasonic MJ-L500 150-Watt Cold Press Slow Juicer
- 6. Hurom HN Series, 43 RPM Cold Press Slow Juicer
- 7. Havells Nutrisense 150W Cold Press Slow Juicer
- 8. Kent Cold Pressed Juicer
- 9. Usha Nutripress (361S) 200-Watt Cold Press Slow Juicer
- 10. The Original Slow Juicer by Premsons
- Buyer’s Guide – Cold Press Juicers
Best Cold Press Juicers in India 2020
1. Hestia Nutri-Max Cold Press Juicer (Wine Red)
- The nutrition retention is always better in the cold press juicers as compared to the centrifugal ones. The Hestia Nutri-Max produces dense fruit juices with no air bubbles at all. Hence, there is no oxidation, that affects the taste of the juice. Such juices stay fresh for a longer time.
- This juicer ensures anti-oxidation of the body with the maximum vitamins, nutrients, phytochemicals, and trace minerals.
- You get more quantity of juice from this cold press juicer in comparison to the centrifugal juicers. The extraction is complete as it leaves the pulp bone dry after the juice extraction is over.
- Every part of the juicer comes in contact with food items. Hence, you need to maintain high hygiene standards. Each piece of this juicer is 100% BPA free. The manufacturers use Ultem Plastic (spacecraft material) for making the auger. The juicer bowl is made from triton plastic. The filters are of stainless steel 304 grade and Ultem plastic.
- Cleaning the juicer is easy as it does not take more than a minute to do so.
- The juicer comes with a feeding tube, large enough to hold a fill apple or orange.
- The auger comes with patented large knobs to squeeze the last drops of juice from the fruits. The bigger auger and the high speed of 60 RPM allow for squeezing the maximum juice from the fruits.
- This juicer comes with quality attachments like separate strainers for juices, smoothies, and frozen fruit gelatos.
Frequently Asked Questions
2. Kuvings Professional Cold Press Whole Slow Juicer
- This juicer is a cold press or masticating juicer that squeezes the ingredients to extract fresh juice. It ensures to retain the maximum nutrients thereby improving the taste of the product.
- The large mouth measuring around 76mm allows you to feed all vegetables, fruits, and greens comfortably. It is also instrumental in extracting nut milk out of cashews, almonds, dates, and even coconuts.
- You get the best quality of fruit and vegetable juices without having to add any preservatives whereby you end up improving your overall health.
- The sturdy body design of the B1700 is not only an attractive one but also saves valuable space on the kitchen counter top and cabinets.
- The USP of the juicer is the ULTEM-based auger. The advantage is that ULTEM is the materials used in aircraft and medical equipment. It provides the necessary strength to the auger and strainer.
- The patented cleaning technology that comes with this juicer is another highlighting feature. It helps you clean the residue by putting the filter inside the rotating and cleaning brush. Twisting the brush ensures to clean the strainer.
- This juicer comes with a smart cap that prevents any leakage of juices while pouring. It also enables you to mix two or more juices effectively.
- This juicer is an extremely safe one because the safety lock ensures that the juicer does not work unless you precisely connect the body and the drum.
- The in-built low-noise design makes sure that you can prepare your fruit juices without causing any noise pollution. This design ensures less vibration and thereby reduces the noise.
- The 76mm wide feeding tube is ideal because you do not have to chop the fruits before inserting them. This juicer allows you to insert an entire apple easily.
3. Kuvings Limited Edition Professional Cold Press Whole Slow Juicer
- This Kuvings Cold Press Juicer is a limited edition piece as it comes with a pearl white color body. In many ways, this juicer is similar to one described above.
- This product uses cold press technology for extracting the last drop of juice from all fruits, vegetables, and greens. You can also use this juicer to extract nut milk from coconuts, almonds, cashews, and other dry fruits.
- The B1700, made from high food grade plastic has a slim and elegant design that not only provides hygienic juice but also has an enhanced lifespan.
- This elegant juicer occupies the least space on the kitchen countertop and cabinet thereby making it one of the most comfortable kitchen appliances to handle.
- The large mouth of the feeder measuring 76mm is ideal for inserting your fruits whole without chopping them. It makes for convenient juicing.
- The safety lock in place ensures that the juicer does not start functioning accidentally. It will not start unless you secure the body and the drum correctly.
- This fruit juicer is compatible with smoothie and ice cream attachments. However, these attachments are not part of the package. You have to buy them separately.
- The ideal way to use this juicer is to stipulate a waiting or cooling for 20 minutes after 30 minutes of continuous use. You can start using the juicer again after the idling period
- It comes with a high-quality auger and strainer made from ULTEM, the material used in the manufacture of medical equipment and aircraft.
- The patented cleaning technology is the stand-out aspect of this cold press juicer. It provides for excellent cleaning.
- The presence of the smart tap prevents leakage and spillage of juices.
- This product makes as low noise as possible because the in-built noise reducing function reduces the vibrations and thereby the sound.
- Assembling this juicer is easy. It requires the least maintenance.
4. Usha Nutripress (362F) 240-Watt Cold Press Slow Juicer
- The Cold Press technology ensures to maintain the natural taste and nutrition value of fruits and vegetables. It is not possible to have these levels of nutrition if you use the grinding juicers.
- The Usha juicer comes with a wide mouth capable of taking in whole uncut vegetables and fruits to provide the maximum nutrition to the body.
- The low temperature juicing and silent operation ensures you get more juice, nutrition, and taste of your fruits and vegetables.
- The juicer comes with detachable parts thereby making it extremely easy to clean and maintain.
- The auger is made of high-grade BPA free plastic. The smart cap prevents the spillage of juice from the jars
- The Usha juicer comes with three strainers, fine, coarse, and dessert filters. It also has two jars, the pulp container, and the juice container.
- The juicing bowl holds the auger, spinning brush and filters.
Frequently Asked Questions
5. Panasonic MJ-L500 150-Watt Cold Press Slow Juicer
- This Panasonic juicer is a slow juicer. Hence, it is possible to extract the maximum juice, nutrition, and taste from the vegetables and fruits. The unique mechanism ensures the retention of vitamins, minerals, and enzymes.
- As it works at a low temperature, it is good for healthy and natural juicing.
- The slow compression system ensures the formation of less foam and resists juice discolouration from oxidation thereby enhancing the taste and ensuring it lasts long.
- Rinsing the juicer between juices is easy by running clean water through the juicer’s versatile anti-drip cap.
- The highlight of this juicer is that it is easy to clean
- The juicer is a strong one as the plastic materials used for manufacturing the screw and strainer are eight times stronger than other plastics to withstand heavy-duty juicing.
- The low-speed squeezing auger is perfect for crushing vegetables and fruits and preserves healthy enzymes by delaying the oxidation process.
Frequently Asked Questions
6. Hurom HN Series, 43 RPM Cold Press Slow Juicer
- The slow processing of this juicer ensures there is no friction. The juicer does its job effectively and gently at the same time. This process minimizes the loss of nutrients due to oxidation and maximizes the taste of the juice. The end product has a healthy amount of natural vitamins, minerals, and enzymes thereby ensuring that the body remains healthy.
- The rotation speed of 43 rpm is one of the slowest in the industry. The Ultem auger ensures to crush the fruits and vegetables perfectly and pushes the produce towards the mesh screen to separate the pulp from the juice.
- The juicer comes with a safe feeding tube. The narrow tube ensures that it does not cause any injuries to the persons using it.
- The Hurom juicer has a reputation for producing the highest quantity of juice among all the juicers available on the market today. Hence, you have the minimum wastage and pulp creation. Also, it consumes about 80% power that other juicers do.
- The juicer is capable of producing natural juice in the shortest possible time.
- The compact size and design of the juicer make it ideal for the Indian kitchen. The anti-drip cap minimizes the dripping of the juice and thereby the mess.
- All the essential parts of the juicer are detachable and safe to use in the dishwasher.
- The slow pressing action minimizes the low noise as compared to the high-speed grinding sound of the centrifugal juicers.
- The new twin wings of the auger squeeze the ingredients carefully to deliver natural taste to the juice without damaging the nutritional value.
- The juicer is a safe one to use. The hopper comes with sensors that prevent the juicer from starting until you assemble the other parts correctly.
- The large juice chamber has a measurement scale and a valve that allows the juice to dispense easily.
- There are two filters made of stainless steel and Ultem material. The fine strainer is ideal for fruits with little pulp whereas the coarse strainer is perfect for the thicker and pulpier fruits.
Frequently Asked Questions
7. Havells Nutrisense 150W Cold Press Slow Juicer
- The Havells cold press slow juicer is the ideal appliance to provide you with the most natural fruit and vegetable juices. The juicer is easy to use. The aesthetic design makes it mess-free as well. The powerful motor ensures that the juicer can handle the hardest of fruits and vegetables with ease. The juicer works on the patented slow squeeze technology that mimics extraction of juice by hand.
- The juicer is a sturdy one made of stainless steel. The plastic parts are made of ABS material thereby making the juicer durable.
- The motor runs at 47 rpm thereby ensuring the extraction of maximum juice from the vegetables and fruits.
The built-in strainer separates the juice from the pulp effortlessly. You do not have to separate the fibre and the residue from the extract manually.
- The juicer comes with a unique safety lock that prevents the accidental running of the appliance thereby preventing the causing of a mess all around the kitchen.
- The juicer comes with a complimentary Tritan Material Smoothies maker. The high-quality plastic does not contain any BPA in it.
- The electronic touch controls make it easy to handle this juicer. The backlit panel is touch sensitive and operational without having to press buttons.
Frequently Asked Questions
8. Kent Cold Pressed Juicer
- The slow speed of this Kent juicer is the highlight of the appliance. It helps in the preservation of fibres, nutrients and maintains the original taste. Secondly, the juicer does not produce much heat thereby assisting in retaining the freshness.
- The Kent juicer produces more juice than the conventional juicers.
- The unique reverse action motor allows it to get rid of blockages.
- The extracted juice is rich in fibre content that imparts taste to the fluid.
- The unique cup design allows for easy storage.
- There is a separate attachment for the collection of waste pulp.
- This juicer is easy to assemble for use and detach for cleaning.
- Kent used high food-grade plastic for manufacturing the body parts.
- It comes with a different juice outflow passage allowing the juice to flow out effortlessly.
Frequently Asked Questions
9. Usha Nutripress (361S) 200-Watt Cold Press Slow Juicer
- The Usha Nutripress works at a low temperature to ensure that you get more of high quality juice, more nutrition, and more taste from vegetables and fruits.
- This juicer can cater to hard fruits and vegetables, nuts, grains, and frozen desserts.
- It extracts more juice than the conventional centrifugal juicers.
- Cleaning the juicer is very easy.
- Juicer is easy to handle.
- The attachments include separate containers for collecting pulp and juice. The fine filter is perfect for the soft fruits whereas the coarse filter is ideal for crushing pulpy fruits.
Frequently Asked Questions
10. The Original Slow Juicer by Premsons
- Extracting juice from vegetables like ginger, wheat grass, leafy green vegetables, carrots, apples, and oranges is easy using the slow juicer by Premsons.
- This juicer is a versatile machine as it preserves the nutrients, minerals, vitamins, and enzymes while producing the best quality juices.
- The juicer does not generate any heat during its operation. It helps to keep the oxidation at the minimum because it prevents foaming.
- The slow juicers are better than the centrifugal juicers because of the reverse function of the augers. It helps to unclog the fibres and pulp that get stuck between the blades of the auger.
- This juicer is easy to assemble. At the same time, you can disengage the parts easily and place them inside the dishwasher. Therefore, it is easy to clean and maintain as well.
Frequently Asked Questions
We have just seen eight of the best cold press juicers available on the market. The hot climate prevalent in almost all parts of India throughout the year entails that you have one such appliance in every home.
Before you venture to buy the juicers, you should have an idea about the different types of juicers. The cold press juicers are the most effective of all these juicers.
Let us look at the buyer’s guide for cold press juicers. It can make your task of buying these juicers easy.
Buyer’s Guide – Cold Press Juicers
Vegetables and fruits should form part of your diet every day. Not everyone likes to eat vegetables. Cooking the vegetables robs them of their nutrients.
The best way to have vegetables is to have them raw. Therefore vegetable juices are the best option. These juices have the maximum nutrition value.
You have a variety of juicers in the market. Choosing the right one can be a challenging task to do. This buyer’s guide should make it easy for you.
Types of Juicers
There are two types of juicers, the centrifugal juicers, and the cold press juicers. Let us look at both these types of juicers and compare them.
These juicers are high-speed juicers that separate the pulp using the process of grinding. The motor rotates at a speed of 15000 rpm. Crushing an apple at this speed is easy.
However, these juicers produce a lot of foam whereby the juices lose valuable nutrients through oxidation. Hence, such fruit juices have a short shelf life.
Cold Press Juicers – Masticating Juicers
As the name suggests, these juicers have a low speed of around 40 to 80 rpm. It makes the juice extraction process very slow, but you get high quality juice.
There is no oxidation, and hence the juices retain their natural taste, nutrients, enzymes, and minerals. The juicer works by squeezing the fruit through the shaft. Therefore, you have a more substantial quantity of juice as well.
Different Types of cold press juicers
Vertical Masticating Juicer
These juicers have a compact design. Most of the people favour these juicers because it is ideal for kitchens of all sizes. The vertical masticating juicers come with a cap that allows you to mix your juices inside the juicing chamber. The self-cleaning system is a highlight as it makes the juicer easy to clean and maintain.
Horizontal Masticating Juicer (Slow Juicer)
The horizontal juicers have additional juicing functions that enable it to produce juice from green leafy vegetables. Many such juicers come with attachments for making pasta noodles, mincing, and preparing nut butter.
Advantages of the Cold Pressed Juicers
The cold press juicers work by gently applying pressure on the fruits and vegetables to extract a mixture of pulp and juice.
The benefits of the cold press juicer are that they help retain the nutritional value of the fruits and vegetables after removing their juices.
These juicers do not produce much heat thereby ensuring the retention of vitamins, enzymes, and trace minerals. Let us look at some of the apparent benefits of using the cold press juicers.
Points to consider while purchasing a cold press juicer
You get a variety of cold press juicers in India. You should be aware of the following points while venturing to purchase cold press juicers.
Differences between centrifugal juicers and cold press juicers
|Specifications||Centrifugal Juicers||Cold Press Juicers|
|Retention of nutrients||Does not retain a lot of nutrients due to the generation of excess heat||Does not produce much heat. Hence possible to maintain a majority of essential nutrients|
|Leafy vegetables||Less efficient while processing leafy vegetables||Extremely efficient as it can extract a lot of juice from green vegetables|
|The shelf life of juice||Operates at incredibly high speeds in the range of 15000 rpm||Very slow speeds in the range of 40 rpm to 80 rpm|
|Noise levels||24 hours 72 hours||If you store them in the refrigerator, you can maintain the freshness for as many as 21 days|
|Price||Makes a lot of noise||Makes minimum noise|
|Table||Lower priced||Greater facilities hence rated higher|
|Extraction of pulp||Less pulp||More pulp|
Best brands available in the market
Some of the best brands available in the market are
We have discussed these brands earlier in the article. Extracting juice from fruits and vegetables is the best way to take advantage of the nutrients.
The cold press juicers do a great job of extracting the maximum juice from the hardest of vegetables and fruits.
So, the next time you need a glass of fresh vegetable or fruit juice, you need not visit the local juice centre. You can have your juices right at home.
It is the healthiest way of having fresh juices. You do not have to contend with the cheap quality of fruits and vegetables that the roadside juice vendors use.
You end up compromising on your health. Have the best and most natural fruit juices at home from the choicest of fruits and vegetables.