Are you looking for the best front load washing machine? If Yes, then you are the right place.
Washing machines have become as commonplace as televisions today. Every household has one washing machine.
If it was the Semi-Automatic Washing Machines that were popular some time back, the fully automatic machines rule the market today.
You have two types of fully automatic machines, namely the Top-loading machines and the Front-loading machines.
Depending on the country of usage, the popularity and preference of washing machines change.
Front-load machines have already started making inroads into Indian homes.
These machines are gradually becoming popular because of their inherent advantages. They might seem expensive initially, but save a lot of money in the long run.
Table of Contents
- Best Front Load Washing Machines in India
- 1. LG 9Kg 5-Star Inverter Wi-Fi Fully-Automatic Front-Loading Washing Machine – FHT1409ZWS
- 2. LG 8.0Kg 5-Star Inverter Fully-Automatic Front-Loading Washing Machine – FHM1208ZDL
- 3. Samsung 8Kg Inverter Fully Automatic Front-loading washing machines – WW80J4243MW/TL
- 4. Bosch 8Kg Inverter Fully Automatic Front-loading washing machine – WAT24463IN
- 5. LG 7.0Kg Star Inverter Fully Automatic Front-loading washing machine – FHM1207ZDL
- 6. IFB 7Kg 5-Star Fully Automatic Front-loading washing machine – Neo Diva BX 7 Kg
- 7. Bosch 7Kg Fully Automatic Front-Loading Washing Machine – WAK24268IN
- 8. Samsung 6.5Kg Inverter 5-Star Fully-Automatic Front-Loading Washing Machine – WW65R20GLSW-TL
- 9. Bosch 6.5Kg Fully Automatic Front-Loading Washing Machine – WAK20166IN
- 10. Samsung 6.0 Kg Inverter 5-Star Fully Automatic Front-Loading Washing Machine – WW60R20GLMA-TL
- 11. LG 6.0 Kg 5-Star Inverter Fully automatic Front-Loading washing machine – FHM1006ADW
- Front Load Washing machines – Buying Guide
Best Front Load Washing Machines in India
Many people have made the switch from the top-loaders to the front-load machines. You have reputed brands available in India like IFB, Bosch, and LG. You have a local brand, namely Onida as well.
Let us review one machine from each brand because the basic functionality of other machines belonging to the same brand is the same.
1. LG 9Kg 5-Star Inverter Wi-Fi Fully-Automatic Front-Loading Washing Machine – FHT1409ZWS
If a compact washing machine is what you are looking for, can there be anything better than an LG front-loading washing machine? Look at the outstanding features and decide for yourself.
Life feels good when you possess an LG washing machine ready to take care of your clothes. This LG front-loading washing machine comes with admirable features to rank as one of the best front-loading washing machines in India.
The other excellent features include a stainless-steel drum that ensures against bacterial contamination and rusting to enhance the machine’s longevity. The Auto Restart option is a convenient one as it restarts the appliance from the same cycle where it left off during a power cut.
2. LG 8.0Kg 5-Star Inverter Fully-Automatic Front-Loading Washing Machine – FHM1208ZDL
Here is another LG front-loading washing machine model with impressive looks and impeccable performance to boot. This 8Kg capacity machine should prove ideal for the average Indian family.
LG brings the future of washing right inside your homes with the 6-motion Direct Drive Technology. This technology entails the movement of the machine in multiple directions to ensure that the detergent reaches every speck of dirt to eliminate it.
Parents need not worry about children tampering with the machine’s settings. The Child Lock feature keeps the settings safe. A unique functionality of this model is the Baby care mode. The water heats up to 40 degrees for 15 minutes and increases to 60 degrees to remove bacteria, enzymes, and detergent residue to ensure germ-free clothes for your baby.
3. Samsung 8Kg Inverter Fully Automatic Front-loading washing machines – WW80J4243MW/TL
Similar to LG, Samsung has a dedicate domestic market in India with many households preferring to have Samsung products stacked up in their homes. This 8Kg washing machine deserves all the accolades because of its sterling qualities.
Samsung front-loading washing machines save energy and make less noise to deliver an endearing performance. Digital Inverter technology involves the use of strong magnets to deliver a power-packed but quieter performance.
This washing machine is compatible with a specific smartphone app that enables you to diagnose errors, thereby saving time and avoid unnecessary visits by the technicians.
The LED panel provides a clear view of the controls. This machine allows you to lock the settings using the Child Lock feature to prevent anyone from tampering with the controls.
4. Bosch 8Kg Inverter Fully Automatic Front-loading washing machine – WAT24463IN
Bosch is an internationally renowned name when it comes to electronics appliances. This washing machine brings the best of German technology to the Indian household.
Bosch comes with a unique facility known as AllergyPlus Program that washes clothes at 60 degrees Celsius. Thus, you get germ-free and hygienically clean laundry.
Today, we have everything but time on our hands. Bosch understands our predicament. Hence, they have introduced the ExpressWash feature in their washing machines that deliver hygienically-cleaned laundry in 60 minutes.
The Unlock and Reload function enables you to open the machine early in the cycle to add or remove items.
The anti-vibration design ensures that the machine makes less noise than its peers. The EcoSilence Drive motor ensures against friction while minimising heat and wear out, thereby delivering powerful results.
5. LG 7.0Kg Star Inverter Fully Automatic Front-loading washing machine – FHM1207ZDL
LG has washing machines to cater to all family sizes. This 7Kg capacity washing machine is ideal for couples and small families.
LG brings innovative technology like 6-motion DD and touch panel to your household, thereby enhancing the washing experience to a different level.
Some of the excellent additional features are the Child Lock and Baby Care facilities. You can lock the settings to make it tamper-proof. The Baby Care feature soaks your baby’s clothes at 40 degrees and washes them at 60 degrees Celsius to eliminate bacteria and other allergens.
The Auto-Restart feature saves time and energy by enabling the machine to restart from where it exited during a power cut.
6. IFB 7Kg 5-Star Fully Automatic Front-loading washing machine – Neo Diva BX 7 Kg
IFB, an internationally renowned brand, manufactures washing machines, especially for Indian conditions. Some of the best front-loading washing machines belong to the IFB stable.
The exciting aspect of IFB washing machines is the tailor-made adjustments to suit Indian washing habits and conditions. It offers excellent features to ensure a wholesome washing experience.
The 3D wash system is a dynamic water system for your laundry as it soaks clothes thoroughly to remove all dirt and stains and delivers an excellent wash.
The inbuilt heater provides the facilities for a hot-water wash to remove bacteria and germs, resulting in a hygienic wash.
This washing machine prevents the wastage of detergents and enhances the washing quality by using the Ball Valve technology that lets out the water but keeps the detergent in.
IFB washing machines offer voltage protection by monitoring voltage fluctuations, thus preventing damage to electrical components.
7. Bosch 7Kg Fully Automatic Front-Loading Washing Machine – WAK24268IN
Bosch offers a fantastic range of front-loading washing machines to suit every family size. This 7Kg washing machine proves ideal for small families consisting of up to three to four members.
Bosch washing machines come with unique features like AllergyPlus wash program to give your garments a germ-free and hygienic wash at 60 degrees. It uses intensive wash cycles to remove all traces of detergents and irritants.
The Reload Program solves a critical problem with front-load washing machines. It enables you to open the door early in a wash cycle to add or remove clothes.
The Super 15-minute wash program gets your clothes ready in a quarter of an hour. The SpeedPerfect feature gets your laundry done in 65% less time.
The EcoSilence Drive minimises heat and eliminates friction. The anti-vibration design ensures as little noise as possible.
8. Samsung 6.5Kg Inverter 5-Star Fully-Automatic Front-Loading Washing Machine – WW65R20GLSW-TL
If you have a small family, you need not invest in a big washing machine. This Samsung 6.5Kg fully automatic front-loading washing machine should be the ideal one.
Samsung offers energy-efficient laundry solutions with its washing machines coming with excellent features like Hygiene Steam. The steam cycle enhances the washing quality to a different level.
The Samsung washing machine comes with exquisite wash programs like Quick Wash mode to speed up your washing to 15 minutes. Use the Cotton and Wool Fabric wash to wash your cotton and woollen fabric effectively. Delicate wash is ideal for washing your expensive clothes.
On the designing aspect, this Samsung washing machine is amongst the best in the business. The LED display panel adds to the attraction quotient. It enables you to select the appropriate wash programs conveniently.
9. Bosch 6.5Kg Fully Automatic Front-Loading Washing Machine – WAK20166IN
Bosch has introduced a small washing machine to cater to individual users and small families. This 6.5Kg washing machine might be small, but it delivers a power-packed performance because of its incredible features.
Bosch, Europe’s No 1 brand, brings the best of German technology into Indian homes with its exquisite range of washing machines that suit every family size. This 6.5Kg machine is ideal for small families and individuals.
This washing machine allows you to open it early in the wash cycle to add or remove clothes. It is the perfect machine to use when you are short of time. The Super 15/30-minute programme gets your clothes ready in 15/30 minutes, respectively.
Another impressive quality of the Bosch machine is that it makes the least noise while delivering a sterling performance. The anti-vibration design adds to the stability and enhances the lifespan of the device.
10. Samsung 6.0 Kg Inverter 5-Star Fully Automatic Front-Loading Washing Machine – WW60R20GLMA-TL
Trust Samsung to belt out one stunning washing machine after another. This 6.0 Kg front-loading washing ranks amongst the excellent devices on display from Samsung.
Samsung is one of the few Indian brands that offer steam wash with small models. The Hygiene Steam feature eliminates bacteria and germs to give hygienically clean clothes every time.
The Quick Wash mode is ideal when you are short on time. The cotton fabric wash mode is perfect for your cotton garments, whereas the woollen fabrics wash best in the wool fabric wash. The Delicate Wash mode is ideal when you have expensive clothes inside the machine.
11. LG 6.0 Kg 5-Star Inverter Fully automatic Front-Loading washing machine – FHM1006ADW
Here is LG’s response to the Samsung and Bosch 6.0Kg washing machines. This front-load washing machine qualifies as one of the best in its category.
LG washing machines come with future-defining technologies like 6-motion direct drive technology to deliver an efficient washing performance. This technology involves moving the drum in different directions giving garments the proper care while getting the laundry ultra clean.
Washing baby clothes is a dream on these washing machines. It keeps the water at 40 degrees for 15 minutes to let the clothes soak properly. Subsequently, it washes them at 60 degrees to remove detergent residue, enzymes, and bacteria.
Your children cannot tamper with the machine’s settings as you can lock the same using Child Lock feature.
Front Load Washing machines – Buying Guide
They have valid reasons for doing so as well because there is a great difference in the way people wash clothes in India and abroad. Let us look at some of the differences in preferences.
Difference in preference
People in India are used to washing clothes in semi-automatic machines. These machines are top loading machines. Hence, when people graduate to the fully-automatic ones, they naturally prefer the top-loading machines.
In the case of foreign countries, people have made this transition much earlier. Hence, you find them adapting easily to the front-loading machines.
Secondly, there are advantages of front-loading machines. They use less water in comparison to the top-loading ones.
Today, you have washing machines that heat water before commencing the washing cycle. Under such circumstances, the front-loading machines save electricity because they use less water. At the same time, they have longer wash cycles.
Drying of clothes is more pronounced in the front-loading machines. Let us look into the individual advantages and disadvantages of the front-loading machines before taking the decision to buy one.
Front-loading machines – Benefits
- Front-loading machines score very high on the attraction quotient with their glass doors and chrome accents.
- These machines come in comparatively larger capacities thereby allowing you to wash clothes like comforters and other bulky items.
- You do not see these machines having agitators or impellers in the wash tub. Hence, this leaves you with greater space and a comparatively gentler washing action.
- There is ample space on top of the machines to stack the dryers. Hence, you tend to save a lot of space in your homes.
- Compared to the top-loading machines, these front-loaders use less water and detergents.
- As far as performance and fabric care is concerned, these machines are excellent.
Front-loaders – Drawbacks
Just as you have the advantages, there are disadvantages of using these machines as well. A balanced homemaker will factor these drawbacks as well before choosing the right machine for her home. Let us list out some of the drawbacks for you.
- The front loading machines entail bending the backs for both loading and unloading activity. This can be a tough exercise form many people, especially as they grow older.
- They can buy bases for placing the front-loading machines at a comfortable height, but these bases can be expensive thereby increasing the overall investment.
- The washing tubs require a higher degree of maintenance to avoid the formation of moulds and mildew. These formations can give out unpleasant odours as well.
- Compared to the top-loaders, these machines are undeniably larger. Hence, you end up using more space on the ground. Space can be at a premium in many Indian homes.
Front-loading machines – Precautions to take
Front loaders – FAQs
One has to agree that front-load machines are expensive initially. However, over a period they save you money by way of lesser consumption of electricity, water, and detergents.
It does not affect the cleaning procedure in any way. This is because the front-loaders have sensors that automatically adjust the quantity of water depending on the weight of the load. Of course, you do not see much water while the process is on. That does not result in an inferior wash.
You have machines in the market that are capable of giving high-quality washes with temperatures as low as 30 degrees as well. These machines are carefully programmed to provide an optimum washing experience.
The front-load machines use a tumbling action as compared to the spinning action in the top-loading machines. You do not have agitators and impellers in these machines. Hence, you do not experience any tangling of clothes. You can also use mesh bags to put on the heavier clothes.