Gaming laptops can be expensive, with the best ones available at closer to Rs 1 lakh. It is because these devices need high-quality display and graphics performance.
Does it entail that you cannot get gaming laptops at budgeted rates, say under Rs 60000?
Yes, you can purchase gaming laptops in this range. It would require you to compromise on some features, but you can still enjoy a decent gaming performance.
Without any further ado, here is a quick comparison table for the top Gaming Laptops
|Gaming Laptop Under 60000||Key Features|
|1. HP Pavilion Gaming 15-ec1024AX|
NVIDIA GTX 1650
8 GB Ram
Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX 200 (2×2)
1 x USB 3.0, 1 x USB 2.0, 1 x HDMI
|2. Acer Nitro 5 AN515-55|
|Intel Core i5-10300H|
GTX 1650 Ti
1TB HDD + 256GB SSD
Intel Wi-Fi 6
USB 3.2, HDMI 2.0
|3. Acer Aspire 7 A715-75G-51H8|
|AMD Ryzen 5 3550H|
NVidia GeForce GTX 1650 Ti
512GB SSD storage
8GB DDR4 SDRAM
Wi-Fi 6 connectivity
1 x HDMI, USB Type C, 2 x USB 3.2, 1 x USB 2.0
|4. Lenovo Legion Y540|
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650
1 TB HDD + 256 GB SSD
Backlit full-size keyboard
1 x HDMI, 3 x USB 3.1×1, 1 x USB-C
|5. Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3|
|AMD Ryzen 5 4600H|
NVIDIA GTX 1650
Full HD IPS 120Hz Display
3 x USB 3.2, 1 x HDMI
Points to consider when purchasing a gaming laptop under 60000
Though you would love to have RTX graphics in your gaming laptops, your budget does not permit you this liberty. However, you can always go for a good graphics performance with the NVidia GeForce GTX 1650 or GTX 1650 Ti.
These graphics cards allow you to play some popular games like Cyberpunk, GTA V, Call of Duty Warzone, Doom eternal, etc., in decent settings.
Before we discuss the GPU, here are some aspects to look for in your CPU.
Central Processing Unit – CPU
You need a robust central processing unit to support gaming. You need not consider looking below the 9th generation Ci5 or the AMD Ryzen 5 CPU. These CPUs can easily fit into your Rs 60K budget. Though the Intel Core i7 CPUs are excellent for gaming, these processors can push the pricing beyond your budget.
AMD or Intel – Which is the better option?
If you intend to use the gaming laptop exclusively for gaming purposes, the AMD Ryzen processor is a better bet. At the same time, a laptop is a multi-utility appliance. An Intel Core CPU should prove better if you use the appliance for gaming and other uses.
The advantage of AMD Ryzen CPU is that its integrated AMD Radeon Vega graphics are better than Intel UHD graphics. The 10th gen Intel CPUs offer better features like Intel Optane Memory, Wi-Fi 6 and Bluetooth v5.0 compatibility, and Thunderbolt 3 connectivity.
While the AMD CPUs in this budget might not come with such additional features, they are less expensive in comparison. Thus, you can afford to go for a 3rd or 4th gen AMD Ryzen 5 CPUs. These devices equal the Intel Core i5 processors in performance but reduce the overall pricing levels.
Comparison between the 9th and 10th gen Intel Core i5 CPUs
The best Intel Core CPU for gaming laptops under 60k should be the 10th gen Intel Ci5 10300H. It is better than the 9th generation Intel Ci5 9300H or 9300HF because of the inherent benefits of the 10th generation processors.
If you wish to go with a 9th generation Intel Ci5 CPU, the choice is not wrong. The 9th gen CPUs deliver optimal performances. Your budget allows you to choose between the 9th gen Intel Ci5 9300H and 9300HF.
Most of the parameters, such as RAM, L3 Cache, technology, and cores/hyperthreading, are the same. However, the HF series does not come with an integrated graphics processor. The 9300H features integrated UHD graphics 630 that can supplement the dedicated GPU to improve graphics performance.
The ideal CPU for your gaming laptop should be the 10th gen Intel Core i5 10300 or the AMD Ryzen 5 3550H. Laptops with the 9th gen Intel Core i5 CPUs and the AMD Ryzen 5 processors are not bad choices.
Graphics Processing Unit – GPU
While the CPU is the heart of your gaming laptop, the GPU is equally significant. You need a powerful graphics processor to play the latest games at their highest settings. Besides, it is always better to have a GPU with dedicated GDDR5 RAM. Such a configuration prevents the GPU from using the system’s RAM and slows down the gaming performance.
The 10th generation CPUs support GDDR6 RAM, but the pricing can be way above the Rs 60000 mark. Therefore, the ideal GPU for your gaming laptop in this budget is the NVidia GeForce GTX 1650 or GTX 1650 Ti.
GTX 1650 Vs GTX 1650 Ti
There is not much difference between the GTX 1650 and the GTX 1650 Ti graphics card. However, the GTX 1650Ti scores better than the GTX 1650 in almost every parameter. The GTX 1650 Ti is comparatively faster, displays better lighting effects, and handles peak reflections better.
Benchmark scores suggest that the GTX 1650 Ti displays better FPS performances when playing games like Fortnite, PUBG, and Grand Theft Auto V. On the other hand, the GTX 1650 scores better than GTX 1650 Ti in Minecraft.
The GTX 1650 Ti displays a smoother FPS performance in other popular games like Far Cry 5, Hitman 3, Cyberpunk 2077, and Call of Duty Warzone.
While the GTX 1650 Ti displays better parallax and splatting, the GTX 1650 costs less.
The GTX 1650 Ti graphics card with 4GB dedicated GDDR5/GDDR6 RAM is an excellent option to have. The old version of the GTX 1650 card does not support GDDR6 RAM. However, the latest version flexes GDDR6 memory to enhance processing speeds.
System Memory and Storage
Though 4GB RAM should be ideal for general use, gaming laptops require a minimum of 8GB with expandable RAM options up to 16GB. It would be excellent if you can go for 32GB RAM. Hard Disk Drive storage offers more storage space, but SSD speeds up the gaming performance.
The advantage of having SSD storage is that it increases the game loading speeds. The 10th generation Intel Core CPUs are advantageous because they offer Intel Optane memory besides HDD and SSD.
When choosing SSD storage, you can opt for the M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD instead of the SATA SSD.
The former offers faster R/W speeds and enhances gaming performances. SATA SSD can offer a maximum R/W speed of 600 Mbps. The NVMe M.2 SSDs with a read/write speed of up to 3500 Mbps (3rd generation) and 5000 Mbps (4th generation) offer up to eight times the speed of a SATA SSD.
It is advisable to have combination storage of 1TB 7200 rpm HDD plus 256/512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD to enjoy the benefits of good storage and speedy game processing
FHD (1920 x 1080p) display with a minimum of 60Hz Refresh rate is the ideal choice. It would be better to go for displays offering higher refresh Rate.
Check out NVidia GeForce G-Sync or AMD FreeSync compatibility. It allows the graphics FPS to synchronize with the display screen’s FPS to deliver a lag-free and smooth display performance.
A 15.6-inches laptop allows you to have at least three or four USB ports and a couple of HDMI connections. It is better to go for USB 3.0 or 3.1 ports as they offer better transfer speeds than the standard USB Type-A ports.
The 10th generation Intel Core CPUs support Thunderbolt 3 technology. It can be an excellent option to have because it offers high data transfer speeds. Wi-Fi 6 and Bluetooth connectivity offers you more connecting options.
While Wi-Fi 6 increases data speeds, Bluetooth v5.0 allows you to go for a Bluetooth mouse or gaming keyboard.
Gaming consumes a lot of battery power. Generally, the batteries do not last for two to three hours of intensive gaming. A good option is to go for laptops that offer fast recharging batteries to recharge them within an hour.
Best Gaming Laptops Under 60000
1. Acer Nitro 5 AN515-55
Though the pricing is slightly above your budget, you should not mind spending a few extra bucks to land a good deal.
Here are its key features that should convince you to go for it.
- Processor – 10th gen Intel Ci5 10300H with a turbo clock speed of 4.5GHz
- Memory – 8GB DDR4 RAM, upgradeable to 32GB
- Storage – 1TB HDD 7200 rpm plus 256GB SSD
- Graphics – NVidia GeForce GTX 1650 Ti with 4GB dedicated GDDR6 VRAM
- Display – 15.6-inches FHD (1920 x 1080p) display with IPS technology and 60Hz refresh rate
- Keyboard – RGB backlit keyboard with highlighted WASD and arrow keys
- Connectivity Ports – 1 x HDMI 2.0, 3 x USB 3.0 ports, 1 x USB Type-C port, USB 3.0 Card reader
This 10th generation Intel Ci5 CPU with four cores and hyperthreading facilities guarantees a powerful gaming performance. Its nearest competitor is the HP Pavilion Gaming laptop 15-ec1052AX that features an AMD Ryzen 5 4600H CPU. The turbo clock speed of 4.5GHz ensures quick retrieving and interpreting instructions, leading to a faster CPU performance.
Though this gaming laptop comes with 8GB RAM, it has expandable options to upgrade the RAM to 32GB. However, that will increase your budget.
The storage capacity of 1TB HDD and 256GB SSD is necessary to ensure a decent gaming performance. The provision of additional M.2 slots allows you to enhance storage capacity at a later stage.
Another highlight of this Acer AN515-55 gaming laptop is its NVidia GeForce GTX 1650 Ti graphics card. It allows you to play games like Far Cry5, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Rise of the Tomb Raider, and Ghost Recon in full settings. GDDR6 VRAM is an attractive option to have.
Acer AN515-55 features a 15.6-inches FHD screen with a 60Hz refresh rate and IPS technology. These are the prime requisites of a decent gaming laptop. The gaming keyboard with dedicated NitroSense keys is one of the most comfortable to operate.
This CPU supports Wi-Fi 6 and Killer Ethernet E2600 to let your play action-packed games without lag. The provision of USB 3.0 ports enhances data transfer speeds considerably.
- Acer AN515-55 features a backlit keyboard with RGB lighting to enable you to play at night without disturbing anyone.
- This laptop offers one of the best cooling features among gaming laptops in its pricing range. The NitroSense key is helpful to customize your preferences from a single location.
- It features dual stereo speakers with DTS Ultra X that deliver a decent acoustic performance.
- Though it comes with two additional M.2 SSD slots, enhancing the storage capacity increases the overall costs. Similarly, upgrading RAM to 32GB takes the laptop’s pricing over your 60K budget.
When you compare the Acer AN515-55 configurations with its peers like the Asus TUF Gaming F15 or the HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop, you have a good deal on your hands.
2. Asus TUF Gaming F15
The Asus TUF Gaming F15 is similar in many respects to the Acer Nitro AN515-55 reviewed earlier. This laptop comes with decent configurations to allow mid-range gaming. However, this gaming laptop offers facilities to enhance memory and storage levels in the future if necessary.
- Processor – 10th generation Intel Ci5 10300H with a clock speed range of 2.5GHz to 4.5GHz
- Memory – 8GB DDR4 2933MHz RAM, expandable to 32GB using 2x SO-DIMM slots
- Storage – 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe 3.0 SSD with an empty 2.5-inches SATA slot for expansion
- Graphics – NVidia GeForce GTX 1650 with 4GB GDDR6 VRAM
- Display – 15.6-inches FHD with 144Hz refresh rate, IPS, and anti-glare
- Keyboard – Backlit keyboard with multi-gesture support trackpad
- Connectivity Ports – Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth v5.0, 1 x HDMI 2.0b, 1 x USB 3.2×2 Type-C, 2 x USB 3.2 x 1 Type-A, 3.5mm audio jack
As far as the processor is concerned, the Asus TUF Gaming F15 features a robust 10th gen Intel Ci5 CPU with an excellent clock speed ranging from 2.5GHz to 4.5GHz. It compares favorably with the Acer AN515-55 model discussed earlier.
The 8GB RAM capacity should be ideal for your gaming activities. However, you have the option of upgrading the overall memory capacity to 32GB. Though it can push up the pricing, it is worth the cost as more RAM means better multitasking capacity.
Compared to the Acer AN515-55, the Asus TUF Gaming F15 does not have HDD storage. However, it comes with 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen 3.0 SSD storage with an additional SATA slot for expansion. It ensures quicker processing. At the same time, this laptop has a lower storage capacity.
The NVidia GeForce GTX 1650 graphics card is not much inferior to the GTX 1650 Ti present in the Acer model. This card also allows you to play the latest online games in Medium settings. The latest version of the GTX 1650 graphics card support GDDR6 VRAM. The dedicated 4GB GDDR6 RAM allows for a decent gaming experience.
One area where the Asus TUF Gaming F15 laptop scores over its Acer AN515-55 counterpart is the 144Hz refresh rate of its 15.6-inches display. The full-size keyboard with RGB backlighting and dedicated gaming keys are good features to have in a gaming laptop.
- The Asus TUF Gaming F15 features a range of connectivity options in HDMI, USB Type-C, and USB Type-A ports to connect your gaming accessories and other compatible devices.
- Wi-Fi 6 connectivity allows fast downloads enabling you to play the fastest online games with minimum lag.
- This laptop features a high-quality keyboard with 1.8mm travel distance and Overstrike technology to simplify your gaming experiences.
- The Xbox game pass feature allows access to more than 100 high-quality PC games on Windows 10. You can renew your subscription monthly.
- This Asus TUF Gaming F15 has less storage capacity than its peer laptops, like the Acer AN515-55 and the Acer AN515-54 gaming laptops.
- The battery life is an issue with gaming laptops, especially when you play for extended hours daily.
The Asus TUF Gaming F15 is a good gaming laptop to purchase in this 60K budget despite the average battery lifespan. You can always upgrade the RAM, storage, and even the graphics card in the future if required.
3. Lenovo Legion Y540 – 81SY00UBIN
The Lenovo Legion Y540 does not have as robust a CPU as the Acer AN515-55 or the Asus TUF Gaming F15 models but allows you to play almost all the latest online games with ease.
- Processor – 9th generation Intel Core i5 9300HF with a clock speed range of 2.4GHz to 4.1GHz and 8MB Smart Cache
- Memory – 8GB RAM
- Storage – 1TB HDD plus 256GB SSD
- Display – 15.6-inches FHD with 60Hz refresh rate, IPS, anti-glare technology
- Graphics – NVidia GeForce GTX 1650 graphics care with dedicated 4GB GDDR5 RAM
- Keyboard – Backlit full-size keyboard
- Connectivity Ports – 1 x HDMI, 3 x USB 3.1×1, 1 x USB-C 1 x Mini DisplayPort, 1 x Headphone/mic combo
This Lenovo Legion Y540 model is available in three variants, with the 81SY00UBIN being the least priced. There are not many differences in the basic configuration of all the three models, with each of them coming equipped with a 9th generation Ci5 9300HF CPU.
The 8GB RAM, expandable up to 32GB, is a prime requisite. This laptop is better placed than the Asus TUF Gaming F15 model in storage as it features hybrid storage of 1TB HDD and 256GB SSD. SSD storage is around 30% faster than HDD. Hence, it increases the processor performance and ensures quicker booting.
The dedicated 4GB graphics memory available in the NVidia GeForce GTX 1650 graphics processor ensures adequate memory to load your games quickly. It leads to a smoother gaming experience as you play your favorite online games without any screen tearing issues.
This Lenovo model features a 15.6-inches FHD display with a 60Hz refresh rate. It should be sufficient to allow you to enjoy games like Far Cry5, Hitman 3, Cyberpunk 2077, Call of Duty, and even GTA 5 in Medium settings.
You have good connectivity options with four USB ports, including a Type-C connection. The USB 3.1 ports can transfer data up to 10 times faster than the traditional USB 2.0 ports.
- The Lenovo Legion Coldfront cooling system does not allow the CPU and GPU to get hot. Thus, you can enjoy your gaming sessions for extended hours.
- The high-quality backlit keyboard with 100% anti-ghosting and laser-engraved WASD keys with a travel distance of less than 1mm makes for an exciting gaming experience.
- Lenovo Vantage feature that allows you to finetune your gaming and other activities is not available in other gaming laptops discussed here.
- Dolby Atmos support enables you to listen to every sound with ease. Thus, you remain ahead of your opponents and enjoy an immersive gaming experience.
- The 9300HF series CPUs do not feature integrated graphics. It would be better if the Lenovo Legion model worked on a 9th gen Intel Ci5 9300H CPU.
- Compared to the Acer AN55-55 model, the Lenovo Legion Y540 features an inferior HDD with 5400rpm revolving speed. The Acer model features a 7200rpm HDD.
The excellent display quality and good storage options make this Lenovo Legion Y540 model a decent purchase option. Its pricing compares favorably with the Acer Nitro 5 AN515-54 model.
4. Acer Nitro 5 AN515-54
Pricing-wise, the Acer Nitro 5 AN515-54 is available at around the same price as the Lenovo Legion Y540 gaming laptop. However, it features a better CPU in the 9th gen Intel Core i5 9300H. The Acer Nitro 5 AN515-54 comes in many variants with different configurations. Here are the key features of this gaming model without Optane memory.
- Processor – 9th gen Intel Core i5 9300H with a maximum turbo clock speed of 4.10GHz
- Memory – 8GB DDR4 RAM with upgradeable options to 32GB
- Storage – 1TB HDD 7200rpm
- Graphics – NVidia GeForce GTX 1650 with a 4GB dedicated GDDR5 VRAM
- Display – 15.6-inches FHD with IPS
- Keyboard – Backlit keyboard
- Connectivity Ports – 1 x HDMI 2.0, 3 x USB 3.0 Type-A, 1 x USB 3.0 Type-C
Why do we recommend the Acer Nitro 5 AN515-54?
The Acer Nitro 5 AN515-54 is a popular gaming laptop model available in various configurations, including an AMD Ryzen CPU. The model under review features a 9th gen Intel Ci5 9300H CPU. The model with the 10th gen Intel CPU costs much more than your 60K budget.
8GB RAM, expandable to 32GB, is the standard configuration for all gaming laptops under 60000. Though 8GB should prove a bit inadequate, you have the option to upgrade it any time because it comes equipped with additional RAM slots.
On the storage front, the Acer Nitro 5 AN515-54 features 1TB HDD storage. Though SSD should be preferable, this HDD with 7200rpm R/W speed should compensate. Besides, it offers good storage capacity.
Acer has done away with its USB 2.0 ports and replaced them with USB 3.0 connectivity options. It is a positive step as it allows the appliance to transfer data at faster speeds. The HDMI 2.0 port is for image output. our budget does not allow the inclusion of USB 3.1 Gen 2 or Thunderbolt 3 ports.
The NVidia GeForce GTX 1650 graphics is the best you can get in this budget. Though there is a 1650 Ti variant, there is not much noticeable difference in the performance levels. The GTX 1650 card allows you to play almost all games at low to medium settings comfortably.
- The Nitro Sense key option is a good one as you can control various aspects of the laptop’s functioning like cooling, etc., using your keyboard.
- The availability of Intel UHD Graphics 630 reduces the load on the GTX 1650 graphics card by taking care of activities like web browsing or video streaming. Thus, it improves battery life.
- The display has an opening angle capable of stretching up to 150 degrees. It is an impressive feature as other laptops in this pricing range do not offer such flexibility.
- The positioning of the connectivity options is not up to the mark. The Lenovo Legion Y540 offers better positioning of the USB ports.
Acer has made various improvements to its earlier version of the AN515-54 and made this model compact. While this model is available in different variants, the laptop with the Intel Ci5 9300H CPU is ideal for your 60K budget. You can try out the Acer Nitro 5 AN515-55 with the 10th generation Intel CPU and GTX 1650 Ti graphics card if you have a flexible budget.
5. Acer Aspire 7 A715-41G-R7YZ Gaming laptop
This Acer Aspire 7 model is a good option when it comes to purchasing gaming laptops under 60000.
- Processor – Quad-Core AMD Ryzen 5 3550H with a maximum clock speed of 4GHz
- Memory – 8GB DDR4 SDRAM with upgradeable options up to 32GB
- Storage – 512GB SSD storage
- Graphics – NVidia GeForce GTX 1650 Ti equipped with 4GB integrated graphics memory
- Display – 15.6-inches FHD screen
- Keyboard – Backlit full-size keyboard
- Connectivity Ports – 1 x HDMI, 1 x USB Type-C, 1 x USB 2.0, 2 x USB 3.2
The AMD Ryzen 5 3550H processor is a sturdy one capable of equaling the 9th generation Intel Core i5 CPUs in every respect. The AMD integrate graphics deliver better performance than the Intel UHD graphics. It consumes less power and enables the battery to last longer.
This Acer Aspire 7 gaming laptop is comparatively better than the Acer Nitro 5 AN515-54 because it features NVidia GeForce GTX 1650 Ti graphics. The advanced Ti version allows you to play games at high settings compared to the GTX 1650 graphics card.
Wi-Fi 6 connectivity is a significant plus as it enables quick downloading of your games from the internet and reduces lag. This laptop features 512GB SSD storage. While it offers less storage than the Acer Nitro 5 model, it speeds up processing and enhances your productivity levels.
Another positive aspect that ranks this Acer model above the Acer Nitro 5 AN515-54 and the Lenovo Legion Y540 is the provision of two USB 3.2×1 ports. It enhances data transfer speeds and is compatible with many of your latest devices.
You have options to upgrade the 8GB RAM to 32GB and enhance multitasking abilities. However, it can push the pricing up and take it beyond your 60K budget.
- The gaming keyboard with backlighting features enables a smoother and immersive gaming experience.
- The AMD Ryzen CPU is a better performer than the Intel Core processors for gaming activities. GTX 1650 Ti is comparatively a better graphics card than the GTX 1650.
- The provision of adequate connectivity ports and Wi-Fi 6 compatibility are exciting features that enable seamless data transfer.
- The absence of a separate HDD storage option reduces the space for storing your favorite games. The Lenovo Legion Y540 is a better option as it offers better storage.
Despite the minor hiccups, the Acer Aspire 7 A715-41G-R7YZ is a decent gaming laptop available well under 60000. Another Acer model with similar configurations, Acer Aspire 7 A715-R6S8, is available at competitive prices.
- 10 Best Gaming Laptops in India (2021) – Buyer’s Guide!
- HP Victus 16 e0076AX RTX 3050 Gaming Laptop with Ryzen 5 5600H – Specs & Price
- 9 Best Gaming Laptops under ₹70000 (India, 2021) Buyer’s Guide & Reviews!
- HP Victus 16 e Series |Ryzen 5, 7 | RTX 30 Gaming Laptops | Specs & Price
- 7 Best Gaming Laptops Under ₹80000 (India, 2021) Buyer’s Guide & Reviews!
Srinivasa is Vsbytes’s Editor-In-Chief. He Is A Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert And Has Been Interested In Computer Hardware, Software, And Gaming Right Since The Time He Was A Child.