If you wish to purchase a good gaming laptop, you should be ready to shell out a reasonable sum. Rs 80000 is a decent investment for a gaming laptop.
This budget allows you to go for an excellent CPU-GPU combination with excellent memory and storage options. The better the configuration, the more exciting is the gaming experience.
You get excellent models like Lenovo, Asus, MSI, and Acer gaming laptops in this budget.
Before reviewing some of these models, here is a quick comparison table
|Gaming Laptop Under 80000||Key Features|
|1. HP Victus 16-e0076AX|
|Ryzen 5 5600H|
8GB DDR4 3200 MHz RAM
GeForce RTX 3050
60 Hz refresh rate
1 x HDMI, 3 x USB
|2. Asus TUF Dash F15|
|Core i5 11300H|
8GB DDR4 3200Mhz
NVidia GeForce RTX 3050
Refresh rate of 144Hz
1 x HDMI 2.0b, 3 x USB 3.2 Gen1 Type-A, 1 x Thunderbolt 4
|3. Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 – 81Y400VAIN|
|10th gen i7 10750H|
8GB RAM DDR4 2933 MHz
1TB HDD + 256GB SSD
60 Hz refresh rate
2 x USB 3.2 Gen 1, 1 x USB 3.2 Type C Gen 1, 1 x HDMI 2.0
|3. MSI Bravo 15 – A4DDR-212IN|
|4th gen AMD Ryzen 7 4800H|
16GB DDR4 RAM 3200 MHz
512GB NVMe SSD M.2
144 Hz refresh rate
1 x HDMI (4K @ 30Hz), 2 x USB Type-C 3.2 Gen 1, 2 x USB Type-A 3.2 Gen 1
|5. Acer Nitro 5 AN515-56|
|11th gen Intel Core i5 11300H|
GeForce GTX 1650
144Hz refresh rate
1 x HDMI, 1 x USB Type-C, 1 x USB 3.0, 1 x USB 2.0
|6. Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 – 82ET00V1IN|
|11th gen Intel Core i5 11300H|
GeForce GTX 1650
144Hz refresh rate
1 x HDMI, 1 x USB Type-C, 1 x USB 3.0, 1 x USB 2.0
Best Gaming laptops under 80000 in 2021
1. HP Victus 16-e0076AX
Victus by HP gaming laptops is the latest addition to gaming laptops. These gaming computers come with excellent features that include Omen Gaming Hub support.
- 5th generation AMD Ryzen 5 5600H
- The base clock frequency of 3.3GHz and a maximum boost speed of 4.2GHz
- Hexa-core CPU with 12 threads and 16MB L3 Cache
- 8GB DDR4 3200 MHz RAM, expandable to 32GB
- 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe TLC SSD storage
- NVidia GeForce RTX 3050 graphics with 4GB GDDR6 dedicated memory
- 16.1-inches FHD display
- Enhanced cooling technology
- Around three and half hours battery life
- 1 x HDMI, 3 x USB, Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth v5.2
The highlighting feature of the Victus by HP gaming laptops is that they come equipped with a 16.1-inches display. This new dimension adds to the portability and enhances the gaming experience. In addition, the AMD Ryzen 5 5600H is a powerful CPU that combines well with the NVidia GeForce RTX 3050 graphics card to improve gaming performance.
This graphics card lets you play games like Resident Evil Village at 66.6fps in high settings and 73.5fps in medium settings. However, when playing games like Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, you have to lower your settings to get a high 99fps. At medium settings, the maximum fps you get is between 56 to 60.
The Omen Gaming Hub support is another excellent feature of this gaming laptop series. Omen Gaming Hub Oasis allows you to chat seamlessly and invite up to 15 friends at a time. You can share your screen at 30fps and low latency levels of 720p.
This gaming laptop features an enhanced cooling solution with a unique 4-pipes heat design and 5-way airflow. It is possible because of an extended fin length by 54% and a bigger fan size by 33%.
The HP by Victus gaming laptop runs on the Windows 10 OS but is eligible for a free upgrade to Windows 11 whenever it becomes available.
Other features that help enhance gaming performances include expandable RAM up to 32GB and 512GB SSD storage. In addition, the gaming keyboard features backlighting, spaced-out arrow keys, and a larger space bar to allow convenient gaming.
- The unique screen size is a significant feature that adds to your thrilling gaming experience.
- The enhanced cooling performance helps protect the CPU and GPU from damage.
- The RTX 3050 card is a good feature at this pricing.
- The battery life is a concern as extensive gaming can drain the power quickly.
2. Asus TUF Dash F15 – 2021 model, FX516PC-HN058T
This Asus TUF Dash F15 is a decent gaming laptop in the 80000 budget range as it features the RTX 3050 graphics card with 4GB dedicated graphics VRAM.
- 11th gen Intel Core i5 11300H
- The base clock speed of 3.1GHz with a high turbo boost speed of 4.4GHz
- Quad-core CPU with eight threads and 8MB L3 Cache
- 8GB DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, expandable to 24GB
- 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe 3.0 SSD with an additional M.2 slot for storage expansion
- NVidia GeForce RTX 3050 with 4GB GDDR6 VRAM with ROG Boost
- 15.6-inches FHD display with a refresh rate of 144Hz and Adaptive-Sync
- Enhanced cooling performance
- 1 x HDMI 2.0b, 3 x USB 3.2 Gen1 Type-A, 1 x USB 4 Type C Thunderbolt 4
- Battery life around two to three hours
The Asus TUF Dash F15 comes with a sturdy body of a plastic base and a metallic top. This gaming laptop features a 15.6-inches FHD display with Adaptive-Sync technology. This technology helps the display refresh rates to adjust according to the GPU refresh rates and deliver optimum performance. As it helps vary the refresh rates, it helps to save power.
The RTX 3050 graphics card is a mid-level graphics processor that combines well with the i5 11300H CPU to deliver decent gaming experiences. It allows you to play Assassin’s Creed Valhalla at around 58fps at medium settings and 99 fps at low settings. However, games like Cyberpunk run at 41.2fps at medium settings and 36fps at high settings.
The Asus TUF Dash F15 comes equipped with a good cooling system comprising four fan outlets and five heat pipes to remove the heat generated by the laptop during your intensive gaming activities.
This gaming laptop works on an 11th generation i5 11300H CPU that supports Thunderbolt 4 technology and offers a range of connectivity ports, including one HDMI and three USB Type-A ports. In addition, this laptop supports Wi-Fi 6 and Bluetooth v5.1. Other good features include a robust keyboard with backlighting features and highlighted WASD keys for a better gaming experience.
Regarding memory and storage, this gaming laptop offers upgradeable facilities that can prove useful if you decide to go for them at a later stage.
- Adaptive Sync feature that helps the Asus F15 to adjust the display refresh rate according to the GPU refresh rate
- Good connectivity options allow you to connect various compatible devices and enhance the gaming experience.
- Dedicated 4GB GDDR6 VRAM is a good feature.
- The RTX 3050 is a mid-level graphics card. The GTX 1660 Ti should have been a better option.
- The battery life is a concerning factor.
3. HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop – 15-ec1050AX
HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-ec1050AX is a good gaming laptop that can be used for other graphics extensive purposes like designing and content creation. It comes armed with a good CPU-GPU configuration to deliver a satisfactory gaming experience.
- AMD Ryzen 5 4600
- The base Clock speed of 3.0GHz with a maximum of 4.0GHz
- Hexa-core CPU with hyperthreading and 8MB L3 Cache
- 8GB DDR4 RAM expandable to 16GB
- 1TB 7200rpm HDD plus 256GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD
- NVidia GeForce GTX 1650 Ti and dedicated 4GB GDDR5 graphics
- 15.6-inches FHD IPS display with 144Hz refresh rate
- Battery Life of around three hours when gaming
- 1 x HDMI, 3 x USB, including one USB Type-C
This entry-level gaming laptop has a good CPU-GPU combination of AMD Ryzen 5 4600 and GTX 1650 Ti graphics cards. In addition, the 144Hz refresh rate on display allows you to play all online games comfortably.
Though the GPU comes with 4GB dedicated GDDR5 memory, the 8GB system memory can prove inadequate to handle high-powered gaming continuously. However, you can always upgrade the RAM to 16GB and improve the overall gaming performance. In addition, this HP Pavilion gaming laptop offers excellent storage capacity.
The GTX 1650 Ti GPU does not support ray tracing or tensor codes. The RTX 3050 is placed slightly above the 1650 Ti would have been a better option. Anyway, this GPU can deliver decent-level gaming and other graphics-intensive tasks.
It is a decent laptop to play games like Shadow of the Tomb Raider as it consistently delivers fps in the range of 70 to 80 when playing the games at medium to high settings.
Similarly, it offers 83fps at medium-level settings when playing Resident Evil Village. When playing Cyberpunk 2077, this HP gaming laptop functions at an average of 64fps at low settings. However, when you move to medium or high, it reduces to 35fps and 28fps, respectively.
The HP 15-ec1050AX features a 15.6-inches IPS display with a 144Hz refresh rate. It is a good configuration for gaming and other graphics-related activities. This gaming laptop offers decent connectivity options like three USB ports, including a USB Type-C port capable of transferring data at 20Mbps. Besides, it also supports Wi-Fi 5 and Bluetooth.
- The gaming performance and display are decent for a gaming laptop in this pricing range.
- Upgradeable RAM is an advantage as you can expand it later whenever required.
- This gaming laptop offers excellent storage in a dual-storage feature combining SSD and HDD.
- The battery can be a disappointment as it does not offer more than two to three hours of charge when playing games.
4. Asus TUF Gaming F15, 2021 – FX566HC-HN047T
The Asus TUF Gaming F15 is available in various configuration settings with different Intel Core CPUs. The i5 11400H is a decent processor that pairs well with the NVidia GeForce RTX 3050 graphics card to deliver a good gaming performance.
- 11th generation Intel Core i5 11400H
- 2.7Ghz Base speed and a maximum turbo clock speed of 4.5GHz
- Hexa-core with 12 threads and 12MB L3 Cache
- 8GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, upgradeable to 32GB
- 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe 3.0 SSD with one M.2 slot for storage expansion
- NVidia GeForce RTX 3050 with GDDR6 4GB VRAM and ROG Boost
- 15.6-inches FHD display with 144Hz refresh rate and Adaptive-Sync
- Battery life of around three hours when gaming for extended periods
- 1 x HDMI 2.0b, 1 x USB Type C Thunderbolt 4, 3 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type A
- Wi-Fi 6 and Bluetooth v5.2
Though it features a mid-level graphics card in the RTX 3050, it delivers good performance when playing games like Cyberpunk 2077, as you can play at 42.1fps and 36.2fps at medium and high settings respectively. In addition, it allows convenient playing of games like FIFA 21 at FPS exceeding 175 in medium and high settings @ 144Hz refresh rate.
The Adaptive-Sync feature on this gaming laptop enables it to adjust the display refresh rates according to the GPU refresh rates. Gaming and other graphics-intensive tasks can go up to a maximum of 144Hz, whereas it reduces to 60Hz when performing regular tasks that do not involve much graphics. Thus, you get a stutter-free display performance on this gaming laptop.
As gaming generates extreme heat, the F15 has an effective cooling system involving four heat pipes and three heat sinks.
The backlit keyboard is convenient to use, with the highlighted WASD keys allowing for an immersive gaming feel.
This Asus TUF Gaming laptop F15 offers a good range of connectivity ports that include a USB Type C Thunderbolt 4 port. Besides enabling fast data transfer speeds, this port allows you to recharge the batteries quickly. Besides, it is compatible with Wi-Fi 6 that allows good internet connectivity speeds, and Bluetooth v5.2.
The only point of concern is the battery life, especially when you use the laptop extensively for gaming.
- With 11th Generation i5 11400H and RTX 3050, you can play most AAA Games at Medium settings in Full HD resolution.
- Adaptive Sync is a positive feature that allows synchronization of GPU and displays refresh rates.
- 8GB RAM could be low for AAA gaming. You can always upgrade it, but it can push the cost further upwards.
- The battery life could have been better.
5. Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 – 81Y400VAIN
The 10th generation Intel Core i7 CPUs are suitable for gaming as they combine well with NVidia GeForce Graphics cards to deliver an impressive gaming experience. This Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 laptop comes equipped with a solid configuration.
- Processor – 10th gen Intel Core i7 10750H
- Clock Speed – Base speed of 2.6 GHz and a maximum turbo speed of 5.0 GHz
- Cores – Six cores with 12 threads and 12MB cache
- Memory – 8GB RAM DDR4 2933 MHz, upgrade to 16GB available
- Storage – Dual storage in 1TB HDD plus 256GB SSD
- Graphics – NVidia GeForce GTX 1650 with 4GB GDDR6 dedicated graphics
- Display – 15.6-inches FHD with IPS, anti-glare, and 60 Hz refresh rate
- Cooling – 5th gen Thermal Engineering with Q-control
- Battery Life – Seven hours with a rapid recharging feature
- Connectivity Ports – 2 x USB 3.2 Gen 1, 1 x USB 3.2 Type C Gen 1, 1 x HDMI 2.0
The powerful 10th gen Intel Ci7 CPU allows the laptop to maintain the perfect balance between intense gaming activities and your everyday computing with amazing ease.
This gaming laptop makes it easy for you to play games like Shadow of the Tomb Raider, GTA 5 on the highest settings at 1080p. The Geekbench 4.3 overall score is 20911, better than the 16756 for the budget gaming laptop category.
The 15.6-inches FHD with 250 nits brightness reduces stutter and ensures smoother frames. The narrow bezels allow for an expansive view with more screen space.
This gaming laptop comes equipped with 5th gen thermal engineering cooling to allow you to play for extended periods without overheating the appliance. The Q-Control feature available on Lenovo Vantage allows you to get the best performance out of this gaming laptop.
It exhibits a decent battery life of eight hours of normal usage. However, if you use the device for continuous gaming, the battery does not last as long. The rapid charging feature proves helpful to recharge the battery up to 80% within an hour. Features like overclocking and network boost allow you to surf faster and enjoy a seamless gaming experience.
The 10th gen Intel Core i7 CPU supports Wi-Fi 6 to enable uninterrupted gaming sessions. Bluetooth v5.0 compatibility enhances the connectivity and ensures quicker data transfer.
This laptop model features an M100 RGB gaming mouse as part of its package. This specialized mouse enhances gaming by allowing you to control every aspect at a single location. The backlit gaming keyboard with dedicated media control and gaming keys enables you to play for extended hours past midnight.
- Adequate storage and memory options
- It does not get overheated with intensive gaming
- The rapid recharging feature ensures quick recharges
- Brightness levels are low.
- Speakers are just about OK.
6. Asus ROG Strix G15 – G512LI-HN118TS
The Asus ROG Strix G15 is a powerful gaming laptop as it is compatible with RTX graphics cards. However, this model does not feature an RTX graphics card because of price constraints.
- Processor – 10th gen Intel Core i5 10300H
- Clock Speed – 2.5 GHz to 4.5 GHz
- Cores – Four cores with eight threads and 8MB cache
- Memory – 8GB DDR4 RAM 2933 MHz, upgradeable to 32GB
- Storage – 1TB SSD
- Graphics – NVidia GeForce 1650 Ti with 4GB dedicated graphics
- Display – 15.6-inches FHD with IPS, anti-glare, and 144 Hz refresh rate
- Battery Life – Six hours
- Connectivity Ports – 1 x HDMI, 3 x USB 3.0 Gen 2, 1 x USB Type-C
The 10th gen Intel Ci5 10300H is a good configuration to have on a gaming laptop, especially as it is compatible with RTX graphics cards. However, this laptop features NVidia GeForce GTX 1650 Ti with 4GB dedicated graphics memory to enable a decent gaming experience.
The 1TB SSD storage is a sterling highlight as it provides the dual benefits of good storage and excellent processing speeds. The 8GB RAM, upgradeable to 32GB, allows for convenient multitasking.
This gaming laptop is a good one for gaming as the GTX 1650 Ti graphics card allows you to play almost all games at medium settings at 1080p. Red Dead Redemption 2 averages a solid 30 fps speed at medium-level settings.
The Geekbench 4.3 overall performance score of 21182 is better than the budget gaming laptop’s average score of 19770.
The 15.6-inches display with a 144 Hz refresh rate delivers a decent visual experience. This large screen allows for a full-sized gaming keyboard with RGB backlighting and highlighted WASD keys to ensure quality performance.
The G15 comes with good connectivity features in one HDMI and one USB Type-C port situated at the rear side and three USB Type-A ports on its sides. Wi-Fi 6 and Bluetooth v5.0 compatibility ensures a lag-free surfing performance.
Though the laptop feels warm after an intense gaming session, it is not uncomfortable because the cooling system ensures to maintain CPU/GPU temperatures at optimum levels.
- A decent gaming performance
- Good CPU-GPU combination
- A punchy keyboard
- Display needs improvement
- The battery life is below average.
7. MSI Bravo 15 – A4DDR-212IN
MSI Bravo 15 series laptops are one of the best for gaming as they allow you to play almost all the latest games at 1080p. This laptop model, A4DDR-212IN, features one of the most robust processors in the 4th gen AMD Ryzen 7 4800H.
- Processor – 4th gen AMD Ryzen 7 4800H with a maximum clock speed of 4.2 GHz
- Memory – 16GB DDR4 RAM 3200 MHz
- Storage – 512GB NVMe SSD M.2
- Graphics – Radeon RX5500M with 4GB graphics
- Display – 15.6-inches FHD with IPS and 144 Hz refresh rate
- Connectivity Ports – 1 x HDMI (4K @ 30Hz), 2 x USB Type-C 3.2 Gen 1, 2 x USB Type-A 3.2 Gen 1
- Battery Life – Six and a half hours
Desktops are always better at gaming than laptops for various reasons. However, this MSI Bravo 15 series gaming laptop delivers performances that equal high-quality desktop gaming computers.
One of the prime highlights of this gaming laptop model is its 7nm technology AMD Ryzen 4800H CPU and its combination with the Radeon RX5500M graphics. This laptop offers FreeSync Premium technology to match the graphics cards refresh rates with the display and deliver a stutter-free gaming experience.
Studies show that this laptop performs well at games like Rise of the Tomb Raider at medium and high settings and Far Cry 5 at Normal and Ultra presets. While Far Cry 5 uses DirectX 11, the Rise of the Tomb Raider works on DirectX 12.
Gaming laptops generate tremendous heat that can damage their internal components. This model features excellent cooling for CPU and GPU with up to six heat pipes to maximize airflow and ensure a smooth gaming performance.
The thin bezels and the 15.6-inches FHD screen with 144Hz refresh rate guarantee an immersive gameplay experience. As far as acoustic performances are concerned, you can expect premium sound quality with Hi-resolution audio.
This gaming device offers good connectivity options to enable quick data transfer. Wi-Fi 6 compatibility helps you browse the net faster to prove useful when playing online games.
- Good CPU-GPU combination
- FreeSync compatibility
- Excellent cooling performance
- It does not have RGB backlighting.
- Battery life is OK.
8. Acer Nitro 5 AN515-56 + Xbox Game Pass for PC
The Acer Nitro 5 AN515-56 features 11th generation CPU with the latest features to deliver a lag-free, fluid, and seamless gaming experience.
- Processor – 11th gen Intel Core i5 11300H
- Memory – 16GB DDR4, upgrade to 32GB available
- Storage – 512GB SSD
- Graphics – NVidia GeForce GTX 1650 with 4GB graphics
- Display – 15.6-inches FHD with anti-glare, IPS, and 144Hz refresh rate
- Connectivity Ports – 1 x HDMI, 1 x USB Type-C, 1 x USB 3.0, 1 x USB 2.0
- Battery Life – up to eight and half hours
The 11th generation i5 CPU comes with excellent features like Intel Optane Memory and AI-enabled features to enhance your gaming experience considerably. This Acer Nitro 5 series laptop features an NVidia GeForce GTX 1650 graphics card that is more than 1.7 times powerful than the GTX 1050 cards found in the earlier Acer laptop versions.
The Geekbench 4.3 overall performance score of 14432 is much better than the entry-level laptop’s average of 11603.
16GB RAM allows the device to multitask well. 512GB SSD storage should be ideal for a gaming laptop in this category.
The Acer Nitro 5 AN515-56 comes equipped with an excellent cooling system that provides an added boost when required. The CoolBoost technology increases fans speed by 10% and CPU/GPU cooling by 9%.
The killer connectivity feature allows you to control the network and enhance gaming productivity with Killer Ethernet E26001 and Wi-Fi 6 connectivity.
- Good configuration for a budget gaming laptop
- Excellent cooling performance
- Good connectivity options
- Weak audio performance
- A bit bulky
9. Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 – 82EY00V1IN
This Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 series laptop works on a powerful AMD Ryzen 7 4800H CPU. It combines well with the NVidia GeForce GTX 1650 graphics card to guarantee a good gaming performance.
- Processor – 4th gen AMD Ryzen 7 4800H with a base clock speed of 2.9GHz and a maximum speed of 4.2GHz
- Cores – Eight cores with 8MB Cache L3
- Memory – 16GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM
- Storage – 512GB SSD
- Graphics – NVidia GeForce GTX 1650 with 4GB GDDR6 dedicated graphics
- Display – 15.6-inches FHD with anti-glare, IPS, and 120Hz refresh rate
- Cooling – 5th gen thermal engineering with Q-Control
- Battery Life – up to five hours
- Connectivity Ports – 2 x USB 3.2 Gen 1, 1 x USB 3.2 Type-C Gen 1, 1 x HDMI 2.0
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 comes in various configuration, with this model featuring an AMD Ryzen 7 4800H CPU. We have discussed another model with an Intel i7 CPU. The gaming performances of both these laptops are similar in many ways as they support almost all online games at high settings and 1080p.
The advantage of the AMD Ryzen 7 CPU is that it features eight cores compared to the six cores present on the 10th gen i7 processor. Thus, AMD Ryzen 7-powered gaming laptops show better overall performance.
The NVidia GeForce GTX 1650 card allows you to play some of the best games like Shadow of the Tomb Raider, PUBG, Far Cry V, and GTA 5.
This gaming laptop comes equipped with 16GB RAM and 512GB SSD storage.
The blue-lit keyboard with large arrow keys and dedicated media control features enhance gaming experiences. This laptop features a high-quality cooling performance with Q-Control from Lenovo Vantage.
The battery life of five hours is average.
- Decent gaming performance because of excellent CPU-GPU combo
- Good keyboard features to enhance the typing experience
- 16GB RAM for effective multitasking
- It could have done with more storage, like an additional 1TB HDD option.
- Battery life is on the lower side.
10. ASUS TUF Gaming A15 – 2021 – FA506IC-HN005T
The robust combination of AMD Ryzen 7 4800H and RTX 3050 allows you to take on any challenge. Besides enabling comfortable multitasking, this combo ensures decently high frame rates for most modern games.
- AMD Ryzen 7 4800H
- Clock speed range 2.9 GHz to 4.2 GHz
- Eight cores and 16 threads with 8 MB L3 Cache
- 8 GB DDR4 3200 MHz RAM, upgrade possible to 32 GB
- SSD storage 512 GB NVMe PCIe 3.0 M.2 with an additional slot available for expansion
- Nvidia GeForce RTX 3050 with 4 GB dedicated GDDR6 VRAM
- 15.6-inches FHD (1920 x 1080p) with IPS, anti-glare, and 144 Hz refresh rate and Adaptive-Sync technology
- 1 x HDMI 2.0b, 3 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A, 1 x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C
Games like Assassin Creed Valhalla offer 40 to 45fps @ 1080p Medium pre-settings. Far Cry 5 fares better as it delivers 60 to 65fps @ 1080p Ultra settings. GTA V offers a high 75fps at 1080p and Very High settings.
Adaptive-Sync technology ensures that the display’s refresh rate syncs with the GPU’s frame rate to eliminate lag, visual tearing and minimize stuttering to deliver smooth gameplay.
Upgradeable RAM and storage options add to the gaming speed and performance considerably. However, it can also take the laptop’s pricing above the 80K budget.
While the laptop has a sturdy build, it also features a good battery to provide long video playback hours consistently. In addition, this laptop supports Wi-Fi 6, a fast and reliable connection, to ensure lag-free gaming and video performance.
- The uniform RGB keyboard backlighting and highlighted WASD gaming keys make this laptop optimized for gaming.
- The upgradeability feature makes this gaming laptop versatile.
- A good CPU-GPU combo
- It does not have an HDD option, but the additional slot for SSD storage compensates for it.
- Average camera and low-quality audio
11. Acer Nitro 5 – AN515-55
Intensive gaming can generate heat that can affect the laptop’s components. The Acer Nitro 5 AN515-55 features a decent cooling mechanism. The Nitro Sense mechanism plays its role in ensuring smooth laptop performance.
- Intel Core i7 10750H with turbo clock speeds up to 5.0 GHz
- 8 GB DDR4 RAM with upgradeable options up to 32 GB
- Dual storage in 1 TB 7200rpm HDD and 256 GB SSD PCIe Gen 3 NVMe
- 15.6-inches FHD (1920 x 1080p) with refresh rate 144 Hz
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 Ti with 4 GB GDDR5 dedicated graphics VRAM
- 1 x HDMI 2.0, 2 x USB Type-A 3.2 Gen 1, 1 x USB Type-A 3.2 Gen 2, 1 x USB Type-C 3.2 Gen 2
Besides, this gaming laptop displays Killer Connectivity that gives you an online edge by controlling your network and prioritizing your Ethernet and Wi-Fi, depending on your requirements.
The CPU-GPU combo of Ci7 10750H and GTX 1650 Ti allows you to play most games conveniently at 1080p and high settings.
GTA V allows an average of 78fps at 1080p and very high settings. On the other hand, you can play Valorent at 188fps @ 1080p and high settings.
One of the stellar highlights of this gaming laptop is its 4-zone RGB keyboard backlighting. In addition, the highlighted WASD and Arrow Keys enhance your gaming experience.
- The battery performance is good, even when gaming.
- The 144 Hz refresh rate is a good one.
- Excellent storage and RAM upgrade options
- The webcam performance is so-so.
- The laptop is slightly heavier to enable smooth portability.
Laptop Under 80K – Buying Guide
This budget of 80k allows you to go for gaming laptops with 10th and 11th generation Intel Core CPUs and the AMD Ryzen 7 processors. Here are some factors meriting consideration when you look for gaming laptops in this pricing range.
Related: Best Gaming Laptop Under 70000
Central Processing Unit – CPU
The H-series CPUs are ideally suited for gaming. Let us compare three quality CPUs and understand why they are ideal to power gaming laptops in this pricing range.
|Parameters||AMD Ryzen 7 4800H||Intel Core i7 10750H||Intel Core i5 11300H|
|Clock Speed||2.9 GHz to 4.2 GHz||2.6 GHz to 5 GHz||3.1 GHz to 4.4 GHz|
|RAM Support||64GB 4266 MHz||128GB 2933 MHz||64GB 4267 MHz|
|Geek Bench 5 Result Multi-core||6629||5519||4567|
The more cores, the better is the computing ability of the processor. Hence, AMD Ryzen 7 4800H and Intel Ci7 10750H are better processors in this category.
The Intel Core i7 10750H has the highest clock speed range of 2.6 GHz to 5 GHz. It indicates the number of processing cycles executed by the CPU per second. The low base speed of 2.6 GHz ensures power savings for less intensive tasks, whereas the turbo speed of 5 GHz is among the industry’s best to ensure high-quality computing performance.
A high cache memory enables the CPU to store frequently performed instructions. The 10th gen Ci7 10750H is the best as it features the highest L3 cache of 12MB.
The higher the RAM, the better is the processor’s multitasking ability. The 10th gen Intel Ci7 10750H supports 128MB 2933 MHz RAM, whereas the other two CPUs support 64GB 4266 MHz. Laptops in our budget can accommodate a maximum of 16GB at this pricing. Hence, the faster RAM is a better option.
The 11th generation Intel Ci5 11300H with a TDP of 35W delivers the best performance in this category.
AMD Ryzen 7 4800H, with the smallest semiconductor size of 7nm, delivers better performance than the 10nm and 14nm transistor size of the Intel Core CPUs.
Geek Bench 5 Multi-Core Result
The Geek Bench 5 multi-core result indicates the overall performance of the CPU. The higher the number, the better is the performance levels. AMD Ryzen 7 4800H proves to be the best performer of the three.
Overall, the AMD Ryzen 7 4800H and the 10th gen Intel Core i7 seem to be CPUs better equipped to handle intense gaming activities in gaming laptops under 80k.
Related: Best Gaming Laptop in India
Update – AMD Ryzen 5 5600H vs Intel Core i5 11400H
|Parameters||AMD Ryzen 5 5600H||Intel Core i5 11400H|
|Clock Speed||3.3GHz to 4.2Ghz||2.7GHz to 4.5GHz|
|RAM Support||4266MHz||128GB 3200MHz|
|Semiconductor Size||7 nm||10 nm|
|Geekbench 5 Result Multi-Core||6242||6688|
Related: Best Gaming Laptops Under 60000
Graphics Processing Unit – GPU
We have seen earlier that there is not much difference in the performance levels of the GTX 1650 Ti card compared to the GTX 1650 graphics card.
This budget allows you to explore another graphics card in RX5500M available in some AMD Ryzen 7 powered CPUs. It is a high-quality graphics card capable of competing with the GTX 1650 Ti. This comparison between the two cards can help settle the dispute between them and decide which of the two is a better option.
|Parameters/GPU||NVidia GeForce GTX 1650Ti||AMD Radeon RX5500M||Remarks|
|GPU Clock Speed||1350 MHz||1375 MHz||A higher clock speed is a preferable option.|
|Pixel Rate per second||47.52||52.6||Pixels rendered to the screen per second|
|Memory Clock Speed||1500 MHz||1750 MHz||Measurement of bandwidth memory|
|GPU Turbo Speed||1485 MHz||1645 MHz||The faster, the more preferable|
|TFLOPS||3.04||4.63||Raw processing power, the higher, the better|
|TDP||50W||85W||A lower TDP is preferable as it saves power.|
|Memory Bandwidth||192 Gbps||224 Gbps||The maximum R/W rate|
|GDDR Memory Support||GDDR6||GDDR6||The latest version is the best.|
As you glance through the specifications, the AMD Radeon RX5500M seems to be a better performer than the GTX 1650 Ti graphics card. Except for the TDP, the AMD Radeon RX5500M delivers better performance.
Let us now check out the FPS performance of both cards when playing the latest online games.
|FPS of GPU/Games||Average FPS of GTX 1650 Ti @ 1080p||Average FPS of RX5500M @ 1080p|
|Grand Theft Auto V||108||121|
|The Witcher 3||43||61|
|Shadow of the Tomb Raider||47||51|
|Forza Horizon 4||80||61|
|Red Dead Redemption 2||52||43|
|Detroit Became Human||34||33|
|Call of Duty Warzone||62||60|
|Resident Evil 3||61||52|
The comparison table shows that the RX5500M graphics card is better than the GTX 1650 Ti when playing many games. If we go further and compare it with the GTX 1660 and GTX 1660 Ti, you will find the RX5500M placed somewhere in between the two.
Update: Now Laptops with RTX 30 Series GPUS are available in this Budget
Let us now go through the performance of the RTX 3050 graphics card on various parameters.
|Parameters||NVidia GeForce RTX 3050|
|GPU Clock Speed||1545Mhz|
|Pixel Rate per Second||69.60|
|Memory Clock Speed||1740MHz|
|GPU Turbo Speed||1750MHz|
|TDP||35W to 80W|
|GDDR Memory Support||4GB GDDR6|
The RTX 3050 is placed above the GTX 1650 Ti graphics card and below the GTX 1660 graphics. The statistics also suggest that the RTX 3050 is better graphics than the GTX 1650 Ti or the AMD Radeon RX5500M cards.
Here are the comparative figures when gaming.
|FPS of GPU/Games||Average FPS of RTX 3050 @ 1080p|
|Grand Theft Auto V||126|
|The Witcher 3||88|
|Shadow of the Tomb Raider||67|
|Red Dead Redemption 2||51|
|Call of Duty Warzone||107|
When comparing gaming performances, the RTX 3050 looks better than the GTX 1650 Ti in almost all the games as it delivers a better FPS performance @ 1080p.
Gaming requires high-quality graphics. Intense gaming can consume a lot of memory. Hence, all gaming laptops feature dedicated graphics memory, GDDR5, or GDDR6. Let us discuss the difference between the two in brief.
GDDR5 vs GDDR6
Amongst the high-end low latency graphics cards, GDDR5 ranks as one of the best as it offers a speed of up to 8 Gbps. Besides, it offers higher bandwidth memory and consumes less power.
Related: GDDR5 vs GDDR6
In comparison, GDDR6 has more capacity and bandwidth. However, its dual-channel feature for parallel workloads reads and writes to different parts of memory. It is capable of providing transfer speeds up to 16 Gbps and supports up to 72 Gbps bandwidth.
|Manufacturer||Samsung, Micron, Hynix||Samsung, Micron, Hynix|
|Transfer speeds||8 Gbps||14 to 16 Gbps|
|Availability||FBGA 190, 0.65mm pitch, 14 x 10mm||FBGA 180, 0.75mm pitch. 14 x 12mm|
|I/O Configuration||X16||X8 or X16|
|Sizes available||512MB, 1GB, 2GB, 4GB, 8GB||8GB and 16GB|
Related: Best i5 Laptops in India
Other features to consider
- One should look for a 15.6-inches display with IPS, anti-glare features. The higher the display’s refresh rate, the better it is.
- Gaming laptops need a minimum of 8GB RAM. It is advisable to go for upgradeable options up to 16GB or even 32GB. However, it can push up the pricing considerably.
- SSD storage is preferable to HDD as it is lighter, more durable, and enhances processing speed. However, it is expensive. Therefore, one can go for dual storage comprising a combination of HDD and SSD.
- The more the number of connectivity ports in a laptop, the better it is. You should look out for fast data transfer options like USB Type-C and the USB 3.0 Gen 1 or 2. However, you should also ensure that your laptop has at least one USB Type-A port because you can have devices that connect to this port alone.
- 10 Best Gaming Laptops in India (2021) – Buyer’s Guide!
- 7 Best Gaming Laptops Under 60000 in India (2021) | Buyer’s Guide & Reviews!
- 9 Best Gaming Laptops under ₹70000 (India, 2021) Buyer’s Guide & Reviews!
- 7 Best Gaming Laptops Under 1 Lakh| Buyer’s Guide & Reviews!
- Asus TUF F15 ( i5 11400H) vs HP Victus (Ryzen 5 5600H) – RTX 3050 Gaming Benchmarks
Srinivasa is Vsbytes’s Editor-In-Chief. He Is A Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert And Has Been Interested In Computer Hardware, Software, And Gaming Right Since The Time He Was A Child.