Can you imagine living a life without having any limbs?
The smallest task would feel like moving a mountain even with a little impairment. That is what it must feel like to use a computer without a mouse.
Fortunately this little marvel of science comes with the personal computer. But, a mouse often does not accompany a gaming PC hence, you have to buy a Gaming mouse over and above purchasing a gaming PC.
Choosing a good gaming mouse is of great consequence, especially when you have invested in an expensive gaming PC.
You could be thinking that a gaming mouse might be important for a serious gamer and not someone who plays at his leisure time; but if you mull over this thought, it might occur to you that most of the important actions you that you take needs a mouse.
Before getting into the details of gaming mice, you need to check the genre of that you play like: real time strategy, first person shooter, massively multiplayer online, multiplayer online battle arena.
If you are an MMO or a MOBA game player, you will need multiple actions to be taken at the blink of an eye. Hence you will need a mouse that has a lot of buttons that cater to your express needs.
Therefore always opt for a mouse that has at least 10 function buttons to make the most of your gaming experience.
If you play more of FPS games then, keep a check on the weight and responsiveness of the mouse as that can make or break the performance of the character in the game.
Some hi-tech mice have the option to adjust the height and weight of the mice to set it to your needs, but of course they are limited in number and come at a premium.
We Highly recommend you to read the Gaming Mice Buying Guide
at the end of the article to get in-depth knowledge about all the latest Gaming Mouse technologies.
Best gaming mice available in India
1. Logitech G903 Lightspeed Gaming Mouse
Logitech has always been synonymous with providing high quality computers and mobile ancillary gadgets.
This is a gaming mouse that has been running in the forefront that has both light speed and power play, all of which promotes it to the elite class.
- It comes with a micro USB charging cable
- The package accompanies an additional weight for the mouse, change outs for the G keys and the connector.
- It has on board DPI adjustment
- It works on optical sensor
- It has both on board and local stored memory
- Lightspeed is a new wireless technology that reduces the latency thereby improving on the response it gives.
- The Logitech gaming software can be used to access the total functionality of the mouse and tailor it to you liking. Hence, you can save your settings on the mouse or on the computer.
- Item is imported therefore warrantee may not be claimable in India.
- Customisable and programmable and adjustable weight band
- Portable settings
- It is ambidextrous
- Minimum to no latency
- It has wireless charging
- Have to buy power play system in addition to the mouse
- On the expensive end of the price
2. Razer Lancehead Tournament Edition Professional Grade Chroma
This mouse can be said to be the flagship of the products made by Razer. And here are the features that make it so:
- It is a medium sized mouse that has a larger height than the regular ones.
- It has an ambidextrous design so both left and right handed people can use it.
- It comes with large rubber side grips for an unshakeable grip
- It is wired and thus has an excellent response time
- Braided cable
- Works on optical sensor
- It comes with Razer Mechanical Mouse Switches that gives you an upper hand at times of concentrated game play sessions
- Powered by Razer Synapse Pro (Beta) that allows you to save the settings onto the mouse and cloud.
- The company gives 2 years of warrantee.
- Ergonomically comfortable
- Adjustable DPI
- Customizable profile
- Said to sustain upto 50 million clicks
- Slightly on the heavier end
3. SteelSeries Sensei 310 62432 Gaming Mouse
This is one of the few gaming mouse that can fit into everyone’s budget and performs at par with generic requirements of the gamers.
- It is a medium sized mouse that is slightly larger than a basic mouse that you get with a computer.
- It has an ambidextrous design, thereby serving to both left and right handed gamers.
- It uses an optical sensor
- CPI is of 100-12000
- It is wired and therefore doesn’t show lag and has great reflexes
- It is very light in weight
- It exclusively has designed “Split-trigger button” design which gives brilliant click force.
- Incredibly high build quality
- 2 metre long cable
- It has exciting RGB lighting
- The company gives a 2 year warrantee
- Silicon patch on the sides for better grip
- Adjustable sensitivity of the mouse
- Omron switches that guarantee up to 50 million clicks
- You can save your preferred settings
- You may find error correction when there is a need for precise movements.
- Sensitivity button gives only 2 levels that can be chosen while its counter parts give more options
4. ASUS ROG Gladius II Ergonomic Optical Gaming Mouse Optimised for FPS with AURA Sync
ROg Galdius II is said to be specifically crafted for First Person Shooter gaming. Thus one of the most important features to look at is how well it aids the player at aiming the headshots. Overall the mouse is equipped with the following:
- It is again a medium sized mouse that fits just right in any average sized hand.
- It has an ambidextrous design that caters to all the gamers.
- It uses an optical sensor
- It gives a maximum of 12000 DPI
- It can be programmed to be used on any kind of surface like a cloth or a hard surface.
- It is equipped with Omron switches that give 50 million clicks
- It has a DPI button the side, ideally used by snipers for fine aiming
- The package comes with braided and rubber cords.
- Its respective software can be used to programme the mouse to your liking.
- Each area of the mouse can be customized separately with you choice of RGB lighting
- The buttons have excellent tactile feedback
- Extremely comfortable for finger and palm grippers
- Highly durable exterior
- Comes with a detachable USB cord
- Bit of rattle from the left and right clicks
- The weight of the mouse is on the heavier end
- The DPI adjustment button is too close to the thumb’s gripping positing. Hence it may get pressed unintentionally
5. Logitech G603 Wireless Gaming Mouse
This is one of the popular wireless gaming mice that delivers high end performance by tackling the issues that wireless mice face. It is also one of the most affordable gaming mice in the market making it a mass product.
- It has a very straight forward looking design
- It comes with the basic attachments that is a cable, batteries, connector
- It connects via 2.4Ghtz wireless dongle and has a Bluetooth connection as well
- It’s performance is capable from 200-1200DPI
- The mouse can work on high or low mode, meaning, in the high mode it operates at a latency of 1 millisecond while low mode has 8 milliseconds of latency.
- It caters only to the right handed mass
- It has a plastic body with some rubberised finish making the build quality decent
- It has separate battery slots as the batteries are not integrated
- Battery life on high mode is of 500 hours and low mode is of 18 months.
- The company gives 1 year of warrantee for this product
- Comfortable to use
- Easy to reach the side buttons
- It works on Lightspeed technology
- Accurate sensors
- Has on boards memory for your settings
- The batteries adds to the overall weight of the product
- The back and forward buttons are only on the left side.
- Cant be considered ambidextrous as its body drops off from left to right
6. BenQ ZOWIE ZA12 Wired Gaming Mouse
This is again one of the economic mice that looks like it has been made for the simpletons given it clean exteriors. Here are its other features:
- It comes in varied sizes ranging from small, medium, large and extra large.
- It has 2 profile settings that’s high profile and low profile
- Its simple and plain design makes it extremely adaptable to both left and right handed users.
- It work on optical sensors
- It is wired
- It has RBG settings as per the level of DPI and the LED is only on the base.
- It gives higher than satisfactory performance especially given its simple features.
- The company gives 1 year of warrantee
- It comes with four DPI settings
- Comfortable for claw and palm grippers
- Economical and simple to use
- Can look to plain for some users
- Only one side of the side buttons can be active
7. Razer RZ01-02010100-R3A1 Death Adder Elite Gaming Mouse
The basic features that a gamer looks for is an accurate sensor and high DPI to respond in time during playing. Racer is one of the most popular brands that caters to gamer’s needs. They have proven themselves worthy of their popularity by launching high performance equipments that perform and also look aggressive.
- It is designed in such a way that it perfectly fits your palm and gives a well needed feel of comfort
- The DPI sensitivity ranges from 100 to 16000 DPI which makes it a true brute in its category
- The mouse uses an optical sensor
- The USB cable is made of braided fibre
- The cable is about seven inches long
- The mouse gives a wide range of customization options like RGB, suit different surface, adjustable DPI etc as your personal settings
- It comes with rubberised side grip that gives extra support to the thumb of the gamer.
- The switches are very responsive making it ideal for first person shooting games and also strategic games.
- There are 2 programmable buttons, below the scroll that works for custom actions like forward and back.
- The company provides a warrantee for 2 years.
- Omron switches that endures up to 50 million clicks
- It is an eye catchy mouse due to the RGB deatailing
- It has 2 teflon feet at the bottom that gives a faster swipe rate.
- It comes with a gold plated USB connector
- Said to have a resolution accuracy of 99.4%
- Does not have on-board memory
8. Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury Ultra Fast FPS Gaming Mouse
Logitech has been a name that resonates with the idea of being the fore runners in manufacturing some of the most innovative e-gaming equipments. By the look of the mouse, it is geared towards first person shooter gamers as this model claims to be extremely accurate.As per Logitech it has a new “Fusion engine” which runs parallel to your movements during the fastest of movements.
- This mouse has a very assertive looking exterior that adds to the overall gaming ambience, over and above the convenience that the design structure gives to the palms.
- The design of the mouse leaves little of experience curve making the user quick to adapt to the device.
- It uses AM010 sensors
- It suits comfortably well for both claw and palm grippers.
- It has 4 DPI settings that can shift from 250 DPI to 4000 DPI in no time.
- It has “Delta zero sensor” technology that gives almost 100% accuracy
- The exterior has 8 fully programmable buttons
- The company give s a warrantee of 2 years.
- The exclusive fusion engine gives an unimaginable accurate tracking
- Has highly durable buttons and the problem of double clicking is checked
- It has on-board memory for storing the profile that you selected.
- Does not have weight customization or a braided cable
9. Logitech G102 Optical Gaming Mouse
It can be said that this is one of the best budget gaming mice out in the market. It looks quite simple but is aesthetically pleasing and aslo servers the purpose of a gaming mouse.
- The mouse looks delicately matte but it feels smooth when in hand
- The buttons on the side and the DPI adjustable button on top both have a glossy finish that runs down to the bottom of the mouse too.
- The sensor used in this mouse is an optical sensor.
- The mouse has a range of 200 DPI to 6000DPI
- It also have on the fly DPI adjustment, making the gamer’s accuracy unbeatable
- The mouse works on optical sensors.
- The wired USB cable is 2 metre long
- The side buttons are extremely tactile and well placed
- There are 6 programmable buttons
- The buttons can be programmed as per your liking
- The RBG range is 16.8 million colours, which adds to the oomph of the mouse.
- The company provides 2 years of warrantee.
- The main buttons have Omron switches which as mentioned before, sustain up to 10 million clicks
- This is almost 8 times faster than standard mice.
- Extremely economical
- Registered complaints about the surface of the mouse being slippery.
Gaming Mouse Buying Guide
So, here are some basic points that will help you understand how gaming mice can improve your overall gaming experience and your performance:
A regular mouse has a left, right and a scroll button. But gaming mice have multiple buttons over and above the basic ones.
Having multiple buttons on the mouse gives the gamer a higher level of ease in taking actions and saves precious seconds that can be the difference between victory and loss.
Dots per inch (DPI) or counts per inch (CPI)
This relates to how good your mouse responds to the physical movement. Many games require the gamer to have precision as they have to target a specific thing.
In order to increase the accuracy, having a greater DPI helps as, higher the DPI, faster and more sensitive is the movement of the cursor.
For example, if you set your mouse at 800 DPI and move the mouse for an inch, the cursor may cover a distance of 4 pixels. And if the DPI is increased to 1600, the cursor may cover 8-10 pixels.
To put things in perspective, if you move over a large area then you need a low DPI and in case you move in small space you will need higher DPI.
Wired or wireless
A wireless mouse has been accused of being impassive to the high speed most of the games require.
On the other hand the wired mice are quick as a cat and its strong reflexes give the gamer an upper hand in the game.
But in the recent years the wireless mice are catching up with the wired technology to give the gamer more ease and autonomy to move around while cutting down on the clutter too.
But the concerns of a wireless mouse’s battery life, weight of the battery and the matter of lagging remains, any of which is not acceptable by a gamer.
Some of the top performing companies have manufactured mice with batteries that last as long as 5 hours.
To sum it up, wireless technology will take a little while to catch up to the performance of a wired mouse.
Gripping style-Claw grip or palm grip
While gaming it is important that you are comfortable and can make quick movements by keeping a control over the mouse.
Palm grip is when the entire hand is in contact with the mouse. To be precise, there are seven points of contacts.
Here most of the movements come from the arm thus giving a high endurance to the palm and hand, it also gives a better grip and you can move the mouse over larger area.
For palm grippers using an ergonomic mouse with high arch towards the palm is a better option.
The claw grip has only six points of contact to the mouse, where the hand base acts as a focal point and the fingers grip the front of the mouse.
Claw grip mouse is known to make quick and precise movements but it does not feel as comfortable as a palm grip. People who have a claw grip should opt for a mouse with a high profile and long body mouse.
Choice to customize
With the recent technology, gaming mice come with an abundance of options that gives you the liberty to tailor make your own mouse as per your needs.
To elaborate, one can assign specific job to each button. Moreover, you can adjust the DPI as per your liking, save a game profile and save the settings you made to the mouse.
This means that every time you use a computer other than yours, this mouse will remember your instructions therefore your settings will be available anytime anywhere.
Laser sensors Vs Optical sensors
Both laser and optical sensor use a CMOS senor that analyses the surface on which its being used and the pace at which the mouse moves by taking numerous digital images every second.
The only difference between them is the light that the mouse uses to illuminate the surface.
A laser mouse as the name suggests uses and laser while an optical mouse uses a LED light. Here is a table to compare both of them:
|Basis ||Laser sensor||Optical sensor|
|Sensitivity||Higher sensitivity on paper, but the actual difference between laser and optical mouse is negligible.||Slightly lower sensitivity but not sub par to the needs of the user.|
|Accuracy ( the ability to analyse the surface it is on)||Higher accuracy than LEDs and can be used on any surface||Lower level of accuracy but has a good control over unwanted jitter. It can’t be used on reflective surfaces.|
|Price||Mid level to expensive||Can be used for budget gaming, also available at mid level price range.|
Surface beneath the mouse
If you decide to purchase a laser sensor enabled mouse, then opt for a hard mouse mat and not a cloth mat as they don’t perform well on them. Depending up on your gaming style choose a mat that meets the needs of your required size.
The badass glow
Almost every gaming mouse in today’s date comes with attractive RGB lighting that adds to the overall aesthetic satisfaction and gives a little adrenalin hype.
They do not affect the gamer’s performance, however they are helpful to keep the gaming profile unique and integrates the entire gaming arena.
To wrap it all up, here are some of the accessories that you might need and can pick it up while purchasing a new mouse itself.
Mouse pad – optical mice that are widely used do not function properly on slippery and reflective surfaces. Hence it is suggested to invest in a good quality perhaps ribbed mouse pad.
Mouse bungee – there is quite sometime till the wireless mouse catches up with the wired variety. Therefore to avoid clutter on the desk and to keep the cable from getting scraped and worn out it is advisable to get a mouse bungee.