In today’s scenario, a laptop is more of a necessity than a luxury. How much do laptops cost?
Laptops with decent features are available for under ₹ 50,000 in India.
Before we proceed into the buyer’s guide, Here is a quick comparison table of the top laptop models under 50K in 2021.
|Laptop Under 50000||Key Features|
|1. HP Pavilion x360|
|11th gen Intel Core i3 1115G4|
256GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD
8GB DDR4 RAM (3200MHz)
Integrated UHD graphics
1 x HDMI, 2 x USB Type-A, 1 x USB Type C
|2. HP 15s-fr2006TU|
|11th gen Intel Ci3 1115G4 |
512GB SSD NVMe PCIe M.2
8GB DDR4 2666MHz SDRAM
Intel UHD graphics
1 x HDMI, 2 x USB 3.0, 1 x USB Type C
|3. HP 14s-fq1030AU|
|AMD Ryzen 5 5500U|
512GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD
8GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM
AMD Radeon Graphics
1 x HDMI, 2 x USB 3.0
|4. Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 5|
|Core i3 1115G4|
256 GB SSD
8 GB RAM DDR4 3200
Intel UHD graphics for 11th gen
1 x HDMI, 1 x USB Type-C, 2 x USB 3.1
|5. HP 14s-dy2501tu|
|11th gen Ci3 1115G4|
256 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD
8GB DDR4 2666 MHz SDRAM
Integrated Intel UHD graphics
1 x HDMI, 2 x USB Type-A, 1 x USB Type-C
|6. HP 15s-gr0012AU|
AMD Ryzen 3 3250U
1 TB HDD plus 256 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD
8 GB DDR4 2400 SDRAM
AMD Radeon Vega Graphics
1 x HDMI, 2 x USB Type-A, 1 x USB Type-C
Best Laptops Under 50000 in 2021
1. HP Pavilion x360 HD Touchscreen Laptop 14-dw1036TU
HP Pavilion x360 14dw-1036TU offers greater flexibility because of its 360-degree convertible display features.
- 11th gen Intel Core i3 1115G4 with turbo clock speed up to 4.1GHz
- Cores – Dual-core with 6MB L3 cache
- 8GB DDR4 RAM (3200MHz) with upgradeability up to 16GB
- 256GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD
- Graphics – Integrated UHD graphics
- 14-inches FHD with IPS, touch-enabled
- Connectivity Ports – 1 x HDMI, 2 x USB Type-A, 1 x USB Type C
- Windows 10 Home, Trial version of MS Office Home and Student 2019
If you are not much into gaming activities, the 11th gen Intel Ci3 CPU should be perfect. While it is a dual-core processor, it should prove sufficient for day-to-day use for students and other casual users.
Its 8GB RAM upgradeable to 16GB makes this HP 14dw-1036TU a good laptop for multitasking. However, upgrading RAM can push the pricing over your budget. Storage-wise, 256GB SSD might seem inadequate, but NVMe SSD can speed up processing power. This storage should be ideal for casual use.
The highlighting factor is the 360-degree flexibility offered by the display. It provides exciting options like dispensing with the keyboard and using the touchscreen functions to convert the laptop screen into a large-sized tablet.
The Intel UHD graphics allow for casual gaming and are good enough for watching movies and browsing internet videos. Moreover, this laptop supports Wi-Fi 6 and Bluetooth v5.0. Hence, a good broadband connection can help enhance internet browsing speeds.
Data transfer should not be an issue as this HP Pavilion x360 model comes with a USB Type C connectivity option capable of transfer speeds up to 5Gbps. Besides, Bluetooth v5.0 compatibility can help in transferring data at reasonable speeds.
- The fast-charging battery feature enables you to recharge the laptop batteries quickly on the go.
- The convertibility feature is a significant influencing factor as it offers multiple options.
- RAM upgradeability is a positive aspect.
- The laptop does not feature a stylus pen. However, you can purchase it separately.
2. HP 15 11th Gen Intel Core i3 FHD Laptop15s-fr2006TU
This HP 15s-fr2006TU has an 11th generation Intel Core i3 CPU that supports a discrete graphics card. It is an entry-level 11th gen CPU that should be good for programming and general use.
- 11th gen Intel Ci3 1115G4 with Intel Turbo Boost Technology
- Cores – Dual-core with 6MB L3 cache
- 8GB DDR4 2666MHz SDRAM
- 512GB SSD NVMe PCIe M.2
- Intel UHD graphics
- 15.6-inches FHD with anti-glare
- 1 x HDMI, 2 x USB 3.0, 1 x USB Type C
- Windows 10, MS Office 2019 Home & Student edition
A 15.6-inches screen allows a better display, especially if you use the laptop frequently for watching multimedia content. The larger screen is also beneficial for office work and preferred by homemakers for domestic use.
This HP laptop comes with a 512GB SSD. The NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD offers better processing, and hence, this HP model delivers faster performance.
The i3 1115G4 CPU supports a discrete graphics card, increasing the overall pricing above your budget. This HP model, 15s-fr2006TU, features integrated Intel UHD graphics that should be sufficient for casual usage.
This laptop weighs 1.69Kg. Its portability makes it a good laptop for students and office-going professionals.
- The 15.6-inches screen size allows for a full-sized keyboard with evenly-spaced keys to ensure a good typing experience.
- M.2 SSD storage is an excellent feature.
- Options are available for installing a discrete graphics card if necessary.
- This laptop does not have a backlit keyboard.
- Though SSD storage is preferable, it increases the pricing considerably.
3. HP 14s-fq1030AU Ryzen 5 5500U FHD Laptop
The HP 14s-fq1030AU comes equipped with a powerful AMD Ryzen 5th generation CPU and integrated graphics. It is an ideal laptop for students and office work because of its portability factor.
- AMD Ryzen 5 5500U with a clock speed range of 2.1GHz to 4.0GHz
- Hexa-core with multi-threading and 8MB L3 Cache
- 8GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, expandable to 16GB
- 512GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD
- Integrated AMD Radeon Graphics
- 14-inches FHD, anti-glare
- 1 x HDMI, 2 x USB 3.0
- Windows 10 Home, MS Office Home & Student 2019 (Trial Version)
The AMD Ryzen 5 5500U processor is built with 7nm technology. As a result, it can display fast performance. In addition, the hexa-core processor with a multi-threading facility comes with a decent clock speed.
The 8GB DDR4 RAM includes 512MB VRAM. However, the upgradeability feature allows you to expand the RAM to 16GB if required in the future.
On the storage front, it comes well equipped with 512GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD. NVMe M.2 removes the speed restriction enabling it to read and write data at tremendous speeds.
The display performance is good with a 14-inches anti-glare FHD screen. The 250 nits brightness can make it challenging to use the device in bright sunlight. However, it is suitable for indoor use.
When it comes to gaming, the integrated AMD Radeon Graphics can handle casual gaming. So playing games like FIFA 19, GTA V should not be an issue on this laptop.
The laptop is light with decent build quality, whereas its portability makes this laptop a good one for office work. In addition, the backlit keyboard is a good feature in this budget range.
It features regular connectivity ports like two USB 3.0 and one HDMI Display port. In addition, it is compatible with Wi-Fi 5 and Bluetooth v4.2. Though it is not seamless, the connectivity options are suitable for domestic use.
- NVMe M.2 SSD feature enhances processing speeds.
- This laptop does not heat much with continuous usage.
- One of the most manageable laptops to carry around
- The speakers are not adequately loud.
- The trackpad needs improvement.
4. Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 5 – 82HS008YIN
The Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 5 touchscreen laptops are compatible with both Intel and AMD CPUs. This model, 82Hs008YIN, works on an 11th gen Ci3 CPU and ranks as one of the best touchscreen laptops in the 50000 range.
- 11th generation Intel Core i3 1115G4
- 3.0 GHz (Base) to 4.1 GHz (Maximum)
- Dual-core with 6 MB Cache
- 8 GB RAM DDR4 3200
- Storage – 256 GB SSD
- Graphics – Integrated Intel UHD graphics for 11th gen CPUs
- Display – 14-inches FHD (1920 x 1080p) with IPS and touchscreen
- Operating System – Windows 10 Home
- Software – MS Office 2019 Office and Student Edition (full version)
- Connectivity Ports – 1 x HDMI, 1 x USB Type-C, 2 x USB 3.1
- Battery Life – Seven hours with quick charge facility
In these days of WFH, this Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 5 should be an ideal addition to your home. The touchscreen facility allows you to use this laptop as a large-sized tablet. The provision of the stylus pen should prove useful to sign official documents and email them simultaneously.
People generally feel that the Ci3 CPUs are inferior. Still, the 11th gen Ci3 1115G4 is better than its 10th gen Ci5 counterpart 1035G1 because it comes with a better Passmark result (single-core), supports a higher DirectX version, displays faster clock speeds, and supports PCIe version 4.
8GB DDR4 3200 MHz RAM is suitable for your everyday tasks. The 256 GB storage is the best you can get in this pricing range. If you wish to have more storage, you can opt for an upgrade, but it can make the laptop more expensive.
The flexibility to convert this laptop into a tablet is one of the highlighting features of this appliance. In addition, the backlit keyboard is an advantage as you can use the laptop in low lighting conditions.
This Lenovo Laptop is a good one on the safety front because it comes with an inbuilt webcam shutter and fingerprint reader to prevent unauthorized people from accessing your data.
The integrated Intel UHD graphics for 11th gen CPUs are good enough to play games at minimum requirements as this processor matches 100% minimum and 95% recommended requirements of the latest games. Moreover, it is better than the Ci5 10210U or the Core i7 8665U CPUs in gaming. Compared to AMD Ryzen CPUs, the Ci3 1115G4 is better than its closest rival, AMD Ryzen 3 3350U, but the AMD Ryzen 5 2500U is marginally better.
- One of the most flexible laptops to use
- It has a decent battery life, with the fast charging feature proving to be good.
- It has a good screen-to-body ratio because of its thin bezels.
- The soldered RAM cannot be expanded. Hence, 8 GB could prove inadequate in the future.
5. HP 14s-dy2501tu 11th Gen Intel Core i3 Laptop
This HP 14-inches laptop comes with a similar configuration to the Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 5 model discussed earlier but costs about Rs 10K less because it does not have a touchscreen.
- 11th gen Ci3 1115G4
- Up to maximum 4.1 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost technology
- dual-core with 6 MB L3 cache
- 8GB DDR4 2666 MHz SDRAM, upgradeable to 16 GB
- 256 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD
- Integrated Intel UHD graphics for 11th gen CPUs
- 14-inches FHD with IPS
- Windows 10 Home
- MS Office 2019 Home & Student Edition lifetime, built-in Alexa
- Connectivity Ports – 1 x HDMI, 2 x USB Type-A, 1 x USB Type-C
The same HP model is available in different sizes,
Compared to the Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 5, this HP model has better RAM because of its upgradeability to 16GB. However, the RAM speed is slower at 2666 MHz as against 3200 MHz in the Lenovo model. Besides, you have options to upgrade the existing 256 GB SSD storage by replacing it with a better storage option.
8GB 2666 MHz RAM should be ideal for your regular multitasking activities. The integrated UHD graphics G4 allows you to play various games like Horizon 4 Forza Motorsport (30 fps), Battle Royale (64 fps), GTA V (30 fps), and Far Cry 5 (19 fps).
As this is a budget laptop, it is not ideal for playing the latest online games at high resolution. However, the Ci3 CPU is better than the Ci5 10210U or AMD Ryzen 3 3350U processors.
This HP laptop allows you to upgrade its storage by replacing the existing 256 GB SSD with a 512 GB SSD.
The battery life of approximately five and a half hours is a decent one. Moreover, as this appliance comes with a 65W charger, it enables quick recharging. Moreover, the G4 Series CPUs consume less power. Hence, it is a good laptop for students and office work.
Some of the positive aspects are the availability of free software like MSO 2019 and in-built Alexa. However, this laptop does not offer a backlit keyboard or security features like a fingerprint reader or webcam shutter. Anyway, it is a budget laptop.
- Upgradeable RAM and storage is a good positive feature to improve its multitasking and processing abilities.
- It comes equipped with free software options and Alexa compatibility.
- It is a light and portable laptop with a decent build.
- The laptop can get hot quickly with prolonged usage.
- Business people might look for a larger screen for better visibility and experience.
6. Lenovo IdeaPad Slim 3 (2021) – 82H700KAIN
The Lenovo IdeaPad Slim 3 model is a good laptop for students, especially for online classes. In addition, the integrated graphics allow decent gaming at low settings. Therefore, it should qualify as one of the best laptops in the 50000 range for students.
- 11th gen Intel Core i3 1115G4
- 3.0 GHz to 4.1 GHz
- Dual-core with 6 MB L3 Cache
- 8GB DDR4, upgradeable to 12GB
- 256 GB SSD
- 14-inches FHD with IPS and anti-glare
- Integrated Intel UHD graphics for 11th gen CPUs
- Windows 10
- MS Office 2019 Home & Student
- Connectivity Ports – 1 x HDMI, 1 x USB Type-C, 2 x HDMI Type A
- Battery Life – Up to 6 hours
Though many people feel that the Ci3 processors are not suitable for gaming, the 11th gen Ci3 1115G4 does allow you a decent gaming experience. Furthermore, tests have proved that it is better at handling games than the 10th gen Ci5 10210U CPU.
The high clock speed is an advantage as it improves the computing capabilities. Besides, the upgradeable RAM to 12GB is also a positive aspect. In addition, 256 GB SSD should be sufficient for students and light office work.
This laptop comes with an easy-to-use keyboard with bright keys placed neatly at comfortable distances. It also features backlighting. While it comes with a fingerprint reader to protect your privacy, it also features a webcam shutter.
The IPS screen with anti-glare is a good one that allows a decent viewing experience. The integrated graphics allow you to perform the standard graphics-intensive tasks comfortably. However, it is not a good one for extensive gaming or video editing.
The battery life is decent, and the quick recharging feature allows recharging the batteries up to 80% within half an hour. In addition, the appliance offers good connectivity options in a multipurpose USB Type-C port, an HDMI port, and two USB Type-A ports.
- A 720p webcam is a good option in this budget.
- Fingerprint scanning and webcam shutter are good security options
- This laptop is a good one for light gaming and average video editing work.
- Lenovo’s support is a bit lackluster.
7. HP 15 (2021) gr0012au Thin & Light Ryzen 3-3250 Laptop
If you are scouting for a laptop in the Rs 40000 range for students and other office work, the HP 15 gr0012au should be an ideal appliance. Besides online studies, this laptop allows you a light gaming experience.
- AMD Ryzen 3 3250U
- 2.6 GHz to 3.5 GHz
- Dual-core with 4 MB L3 cache
- 8 GB DDR4 2400 SDRAM, upgradeable to 16GB
- 1 TB HDD 5400rpm plus 256 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD
- 15.6-inches FHD with IPS and anti-glare
- AMD Radeon Vega Graphics
- Windows 10
- MS Office 2019 H&S
- Connectivity Ports – 1 x HDMI, 2 x USB Type-A, 1 x USB Type-C
- Battery Life – five and half hours with 65W charger for fast charging
Compared to the Intel Ci3 1115G4, the AMD Ryzen 3 3250U is a slightly underperforming CPU in many aspects. However, the U-Series CPU consumes less power than the G-series Intel CPUs. AMD Ryzen 3 3350U should be a better option as it is slightly better than the Ci3 1115G4 at light gaming.
The upgradeable RAM makes it a good option, but the existing RAM is considerably slower than the 11th gen Ci3 Intel CPUs at 2400 MHz compared to 2733 MHz. However, this HP model is better than the other similar models in its pricing range because it features dual storage options in 1 TB HDD and 256 GB M.2 SSD.
The AMD Radeon Vega Graphics is better than the Intel Integrated UHD graphics as it supports up to 1200 MHz speed compared to 1150 MHz. The difference might not be much noticeable, but it is still an advantage.
The 15.6-inches screen makes it suitable for office and business use because this category of users does not generally prefer the 14-inch models.
The keyboard is a decent one with a full-sized numeric pad, but it does not offer backlighting features. On the other hand, the battery is a good one with fast recharging.
This laptop is also a good one when you consider the connectivity options. This laptop is one of the best budget laptops with an AMD processor available under 50000.
- Good storage options
- The AMD Ryzen processor costs less than the 11th gen Intel Ci3 CPU
- The 15.6-inches screen should be ideal for students and office-going professionals.
- The camera quality is unsatisfactory.
8. HP 14 Ryzen 3 5300U FHD Laptop 14s-fq1029AU
The HP 14s-fq1029AU comes with a decent configuration powered by a 5th generation AMD Ryzen 3 processor. Though the AMD Ryzen 3 5300U CPU is inferior to the AMD Ryzen 5 5500U present in the HP 14s-fq1030AU model, it is sufficient if you have modest requirements.
- 5th generation AMD Ryzen 3 5300U with a clock speed ranging between 2.6GHz and 3.8GHz
- Quad-core with 4MB L3 cache
- 8GB DDR4 3200MHz SDRAM expandable to 16GB
- 512GB SSD NVMe PCIe M.2
- AMD Radeon Graphics
- 14-inches FHD anti-glare, 250 nits brightness
- Connectivity Ports – 1 x HDMI, 2 x USB 3.0
- Operating System – Windows 10 Home plus trial version MS Office Home and Student 2019
Physically, this laptop model, 14s-fq1029AU, is similar to the HP 14s-fq1030AU in many respects. The 14-inches FHD anti-glare screen with 250 nits brightness is a good one for indoor use.
The AMD Ryzen 3 CPU offers better performance than the 10th generation i3 CPUs because they come with four cores and multi-threading features. Though these processors have lower clock speeds, it does not affect their performance.
8GB RAM and 512GB SSD storage are ideal for general use. However, you can often upgrade the RAM to 16GB.
The backlit keyboard is handy because it offers good spacing between the keys. However, it does not feature a discrete number pad, and people habituated to using the side number pads can initially find it challenging to adjust.
This laptop comes with a sturdy metal build with a premium-looking finish. Moreover, it is a lightweight device and hence, easily portable.
It features the standard connectivity options in one HDMI and two USB 3.0 ports. In addition, Wi-Fi 5.0 and Bluetooth v4.2 compatibility are ideal for day-to-day usage.
The AMD Radeon graphics is a good one but does not support extensive gaming options. However, it is a suitable device for casual gamers.
- The average battery life of around five hours when using the laptop continuously for coding is decent.
- The build quality is good for a laptop in the 50K budget.
- 512GB NVMe SSD is sufficient for domestic use.
- Bluetooth v5.0 compatibility could have been a better option instead of v4.2.
- It does not have an SSD slot for upgrading storage.
9. Mi Notebook 14 Thin and Light Laptop – XMA1901-FK
The Mi 14 XMA1901FK model is available in different versions, depending on the storage capacity and graphics capability. This model under review features integrated UHD graphics and 512GB SSD storage.
- 10th gen Intel Core i5 10210U with a clock speed range of 1.6GHz to 4.2GHz
- Four cores with eight threads
- 8GB DDR4 2666MHz RAM
- 512GB SSD
- Integrated Intel UHD graphics
- 14-inches FHD with anti-glare
- 1 x HDMI, 2 x USB 3.1, 1 x USB 2.0
- Windows 10 Home with 1M trial version of Office 365
This Mi laptop qualifies as the best laptop under 50000 with an i5 processor and 8GB RAM. It comes with four cores and an excellent clock speed range of 1.6GHz to 4.2GHz. Hence, it is one of the better processors at retrieving and processing instructions, whereby the laptop can perform faster.
Regular users would love the multitasking abilities of the Mi XMA1901FK as it features 8GB 2666MHz RAM. As far as storage is concerned, 512GB SSD should suffice for everyday usage. However, this laptop features SATA storage that limits the R/W speeds to 600Mbps.
The 14-inches display with a 16:9 aspect ratio and 178-degrees viewing angle makes it a good laptop for viewing multimedia content. While the 14-inches screen restricts the keyboard size, this laptop features a decent keyboard with ABS texture keys and a 1.3mm travel distance.
This model variant features integrated Intel UHD graphics 620. In addition, another variant is available with discrete graphics NVidia GeForce MX250 to allow a good gaming experience.
Good connectivity features like USB 3.1 and HDMI are essential components to look for in laptops. Besides, this Mi laptop is compatible with Wi-Fi 5 and Bluetooth v5.0.
- At 1.5Kg, the Mi XMA1901FK is an ultra-light laptop.
- It comes with inbuilt smart software like Mi Blaze Unlock and Mi Smart Share. You can unlock the appliance using your Mi band.
- The dust protection layer on the keyboard prevents dust accumulation.
- SSD storage is welcome, but SATA restricts the processing speed considerably.
10. Lenovo IdeaPad Slim 3i – 81WE0144IN
The 11th gen Intel Ci5-powered laptops are not available in the 50000 pricing bracket. Lenovo IdeaPad Slim 3 8WE0144IN works on a 10th gen Intel Core i5 1035G1 CPU. It is a good laptop with an i5 processor.
- 10th gen Intel Core i5 1035G1 with a clock speed ranging between 1.0GHz (Base speed) and 3.6GHz (Maximum)
- Four cores with 6MB Cache
- Dual channel 8GB RAM 2666MHz, expandable to 12GB
- 1TB HDD
- Intel UHD graphics
- 15.6-inches FHD with anti-glare
- Connectivity Ports – 1 x HDMI, 2 x USB
- Operating System – Windows 10
The 19.9mm thick form factor makes this laptop a sleek model weighing 1.85Kg. The 15.6-inches FHD anti-glare display with two narrow bezels ensures a good-quality visual experience with a wider view and less distraction.
The 8GB 2666MHz RAM is ideal for a laptop in this pricing range. However, you can expand it to 12GB without overshooting your budget. On the storage front, this laptop offers excellent 1TB HDD storage to let you store your favorite movies, music files, and documents with ease.
The Lenovo IdeaPad Slim 3 8WE0144IN model offers up to five hours of battery life. You can switch between two working modes between the Max mode and Battery Saving mode using the Q-control feature.
Good connectivity options like a lightning-fast 2×2 Wi-Fi 5 and Bluetooth v5.0 help connect faster and better than many of its peer laptops in this pricing range. In addition, Lenovo Vantage, exclusive to Lenovo laptops, offers features like power management, charging thresholds, and timely software updates to ensure a better user experience.
- An entry-level laptop with a long-lasting performance
- You can play some games like PUBG and GTA but not at full graphics settings
- Facility to upgrade the graphics card in the future
- A backlit keyboard is not available.
- It does not offer even a trial version of MS Office.
The Lenovo IdeaPad Slim 3i 81WE0144IN is a good laptop under 50000 with an i5 processor and 8GB RAM. Other comparable models include the Lenovo IdeaPad S145 81W800TEIN and Lenovo IdeaPad L340 81LK01QTIN (a gaming laptop).
Points to Consider When Purchasing a Laptop under 50000
While laptops can come with various configurations, we restrict our discussion to the points to consider on a laptop under 50k.
Central Processing Unit
Our budget allows us to explore up to the 10th gen Intel Core i5 and 11th gen Intel Core i3 processors. Anything over that can take the overall pricing over 50K. Similarly, you can go up to a maximum of 5th generation AMD Ryzen 3 and AMD Ryzen 5 series CPUs.
The H-series CPUs in both Intel and AMD are outside the reach of your budget. The U-series and G1-G4 series processors can fit into your 50K pricing range. The G1 and G4 series Intel CPUs support discrete graphics cards. You can install them later if required.
This comparison table can clarify things better.
|Parameter||Ryzen 5 5500U||Ryzen 3 5300U||Intel Ci3 1115G4||Intel Ci5 10210U||Intel Ci5 1035G1|
|Clock Speed||2.1GHz to 4.0GHz||2.6 GHz to 3.8GHz||1.7GHz to 4.1GHz||1.6GHz to 4.2GHz||1GHz to 3.6GHz|
|Maximum supported RAM||DDR4 3200MHz and LPDDR4 4266 MHz||DDR4 3200MHz and LPDDR4 4266MHz||DDR4 3200MHz and LPDDR4X 3733MHz||DDR4 2666MHz||DDR4 3733Mhz|
|Integrated Graphics||AMD Radeon RX Vega 7||AMD Radeon RX Vega 6||Integrated Iris Xe Graphics||Integrated UHD 620||Discrete graphics compatibility|
|TDP||25W||25W||12W to 28W||15W||15W|
Cores and Threads – The AMD Ryzen 5 5500U is the best of the lot as it is a hexa-core processor with 12 threads. The higher the number of cores, the more is the work accomplished by the processor at a time. Threads improve the computational speed.
Clock Speed – The clock speed determines how quickly the processor retrieves and interprets instructions. The Intel Ci5 10210U should rank as the best in this category because of its highest turbo clock frequency. It also displays a low base speed of 1.6GHz to indicate power savings.
Cache Memory – The more the cache memory, the better it is. Cache memory is helpful to reduce the average time required to access data from the main memory. The AMD Ryzen 5 5500 with the highest cache memory is better than the other CPUs listed above.
RAM – The AMD Radeon CPUs are better than their Intel counterparts because they support faster and better RAM.
TDP – The 10th generation CPUs are better in this category as they display a TDP of 15W that translates into moderate to low energy consumption.
Process – The smaller the process, the better is the processor’s efficiency. The AMD Radeon CPUs with 7nm processors score over their Intel counterparts.
The above comparison shows that the AMD Ryzen 5 5500U is the best overall performing processor amongst the five CPUs reviewed here.
Graphics Processing Unit
A dedicated GPU is essential for a gaming laptop or if you propose to use the appliance for graphics-intensive activities like video editing and Graphics VFX work.
On the other hand, laptops under 50k are generally for regular usage. Hence, you can manage with integrated graphics available with both Intel Core and AMD Ryzen CPUs.
The 10th and 11th generation Intel CPUs offer Intel Iris Xe graphics, a much-improved version of Intel UHD 620 graphics. Similarly, the AMD Radeon Vega 6 and Vega 8 graphics offer excellent performances.
Generally, 8GB RAM is the ideal memory for a laptop in this budget. It should prove sufficient for almost all your day-to-day activities. However, you should also factor in that integrated graphics consume a substantial portion of your system’s memory. Hence, it is better to have an upgradeable option up to 12GB or even 16GB. It can push your budget over the 50K mark.
Related: Best Laptops under 60000
The amount of storage depends on how you propose to use the laptop. If you use it for casual internet browsing and social media interactions, you do not need much storage. 256GB SSD should prove sufficient for such users.
If you require higher storage capacity, you can opt for HDD storage up to 1TB. Though it provides greater storage capacity, it slows down processing because of its R/W speed limitations. 512GB SSD can be a good option in this budget.
You can also try out the SSHD storage comprising HDD and SSD. The 10th and 11th gen Intel Core CPUs and the 5th gen AMD Ryzen 5 series processors offer this feature.
When choosing SSD storage, you should pay attention to storage slots available on your PC. SATA storage limits R/W speeds to 600Mbps, whereas NVMe PCIe M.2 slots offer up to seven times the SATA speed. Hence, M.2 slots should be the preferable option. It is a disadvantage if your laptop does not have an NVMe PCIe M.2 slot.
Compared to SSD, HDD is slower and consumes more battery. However, you have to maintain the right balance between storage and power consumption. The SSHD hybrid drives are excellent options available in most laptops today.
Related: Best Laptops Under 40000
FHD (1920 x 1080p) is the standard resolution in laptops in this budget range. 4K laptops are expensive. You can look for a display with an IPS panel as it allows you a 178-degree distortion-free viewing experience.
The more the connectivity ports, the better it is. Thunderbolt 3 and 4 are not available in this budget range. However, you can check out the USB Type C 3.2 ports that offer good data transfer speeds. It is better to have at least one Type-A USB port as it is compatible with many devices.
Thunderbolt 3 ports are also helpful for charging the laptops as they can handle up to 100W of power, enough to charge most laptops.
A HDMI port is a standard feature in all laptops.
Some of the latest models support Wi-Fi 6 and Bluetooth v5.0 to offer faster and seamless connectivity.
Though manufacturers advertise battery life up to ten hours, it is not practically possible. Your usage patterns determine battery life. If your laptop battery could deliver up to six hours, it is a good one. However, if you use the laptop for video editing or gaming, it consumes more power.
If you have any queries regarding laptop selection, Post them in the comments section below and we will try to answer them.
- 11 Best Laptops in India (2021) Buyer’s Guide & Reviews!
- 10 Best Gaming Laptops in India (2021) – Buyer’s Guide!
- HP Victus 16 e0076AX RTX 3050 Gaming Laptop with Ryzen 5 5600H – Specs & Price
- 10 Best Laptops under 40000 in India (2021) | Buyer’s Guide!
- 9 Best Laptops under ₹70000 in India (2021) Buyer’s Guide & Reviews!
Srinivasa is Vsbytes’s Editor-In-Chief. He Is A Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert And Has Been Interested In Computer Hardware, Software, And Gaming Right Since The Time He Was A Child.