How would you like your food without salt? An LED TV system without the best soundbar is somewhat similar. You will not be able to enjoy the best experience.
In the world of electronics, ‘Slim is beautiful’. This is the age where you see the LED TVs becoming slimmer than ever before. Of course, the modern-day Full HD and 4K Televisions have excellent TV screens that deliver the highest quality of visuals.
But, these high-end TVs have one drawback. They do not have space for fitting speaker systems. Hence, you need to have a separate sound system to recreate the quality of sound necessary for a TV of this high calibre.
Let us look at some of the best soundbars available in the Indian market scene.
Table of Contents
- Best soundbars in India
- 1. Polk Audio Signa S2 AM6214-A Sound Bar with Sub woofer
- 2. Bose Sound Touch 300 Sound Bar Speakers
- 3. Sony HT-RT3 Sound Bar Home Theatre System
- 4. Bose Solo 5 Soundbar Speakers
- 5. Yamaha YAS-103 Bluetooth Soundbar Speaker
- 6. Philips Fidelio B5/12 Soundbar
- 7. Philips HT2163B/12 Bluetooth Soundbar Speaker
- 8. Harman Kardon SB26 Advanced Soundbar
- 9. Q Acoustics M3 Soundbar with Built-in Subwoofer
- 10. F&D E200 Soundbar Speaker System
- Soundbar Buying Guide
Best soundbars in India
1. Polk Audio Signa S2 AM6214-A Sound Bar with Sub woofer
A Unviversal TV sounbar with minimalistic design and exceptional Surround Experience can’t get any better than this. “Polk audio” which earned its strong customer base in Car infotainments has entered big in Home audio system hitting all the boxes Bang ON.
Polk Audio Signa S2 Sounbar with wireless subwoofer has a built in Dolby Digital 5.1 audio decoder provides your Living room with an Exceptional Surround experience and precise output. Infact the output can be easily streched upto 200W, which is class leading.
Polk audio comes with a patented ‘Voice adjust ” technology which is’nt a bummer in any ways , Lets you hear every dialogue with top notch clarity. Also , one button Pre-set EQ settings for movies , music and Night mode allows you to customise the listening experience.
2. Bose Sound Touch 300 Sound Bar Speakers
Sound clarity is the strongest feature of this Bose Sound Touch speaker system. Using your existing Wi-Fi system, you are able to play Internet radio and other channels wirelessly. This best quality soundbar is available on Amazon. These are some of the attractive features.
- QuietPort technology eliminates distortion completely
- Advanced sound technology in the form of Bose PhaseGuide technology
- The perforated wrap-around metal grille makes it a sleek instrument
- The Sound Touch technology enables wireless music streaming
- The Acoustimass 300 wireless bass gives a thundering experience
- ADAPTiQ audio calibration adjusts sound system based on your room’s acoustics
3. Sony HT-RT3 Sound Bar Home Theatre System
The Sony HT-RT3 soundbar allows you to immerse in the highest quality of music. Budget wise, you can call it the best soundbar under 20000. Have a look at some of the exciting features of this home theatre system.
- Perfect for playing movie sounds because of its 5.1 channels of real surround sound
- The 600W total power output is a powerful one for a TV.
- Great balance of sound because of the slim soundbar and two rear speakers
- Streaming music is easy with NFC technology
- Setting up the system is easy
4. Bose Solo 5 Soundbar Speakers
This 5 TV sound system reproduces all types of sounds from dialogues to the intricate details of music. The versatility of this system allows you to place the speaker anywhere in the room. Bluetooth facility enables you to play your favourite music through wireless. This best soundbar under 30000 is a favourite because of its excellent features.
- Advanced technology delivers quality sound output
- Flexibility is the key feature of this soundbar
- Setting up the speaker system is easy
- Universal remote is an attraction
- Excellent bass
5. Yamaha YAS-103 Bluetooth Soundbar Speaker
This is an integrated system with dual front speakers and built-in subwoofers. The Advanced Bass Extension Processing system allows for producing a great range of music. This best budget soundbar is reputed for producing high-quality TV sound. The dual driver subwoofer is an asset to the system. You get high-quality clarity with this speaker system (AIR SURROUND XTREME YAS103)
6. Philips Fidelio B5/12 Soundbar
This ingenious soundbar could well be the best soundbar in 2019. The best aspect of this soundbar is the detachable speakers that can act as a surround system. The wireless sound system works on rechargeable batteries. Connecting to your smartphone makes it a versatile system. Let us look at some salient features.
- Pairing Bluetooth devices with NFC technology
- Spatial calibration ensures proper balance of sound
- Soft Dome tweeters provides distortion-free sound
- Detachable speakers add to the enjoyment
- HDMI terminals make it a flexible instrument
- Built-in Dolby decoder
7. Philips HT2163B/12 Bluetooth Soundbar Speaker
The combination of the woofer, tweeter, and subwoofer makes it an excellent fit for a TV virtual surround sound experience. Easily affordable, this best soundbar under 10000 is a powerful one that can fit any LED TV.
- Enjoy high-quality Surround System and deep bass via one cable
- Provides a realistic movie-like experience
- Enjoy music from iPods and mobiles as well
- Dolby Digital experience
- Wireless music streaming
8. Harman Kardon SB26 Advanced Soundbar
When you talk of surround sound, one can never discount the audio engineering of Harman Kardon. This is the latest in sound technology. You get the same quality in this SB26 Advanced Soundbar with Bluetooth and Powered Wireless Subwoofer making it the best soundbar for music. Let us look at some salient features of this sound system.
- The four woofers, two tweeters, and a powerful 100W subwoofer make the SB26 a powerful soundbar system.
- Easy connectivity to tablets and smartphones
- Replicates the home theatre sound system
- Virtual surround sound envelops you to deliver a classic movie experience at home
- The HDMI connection is a true asset
- Bluetooth technology provides for a seamless experience
9. Q Acoustics M3 Soundbar with Built-in Subwoofer
This is a versatile soundbar system perfect for wall mounting as well as in cabinet positions. This speaker system provides a good cinema theatre like experience. This best soundbar in India is the favorite of gamers.
10. F&D E200 Soundbar Speaker System
This is a multipurpose speaker system that you can connect to various devices. One of the simplest designs, this speaker is ideal for carrying and playing it anywhere. Capable of delivering high-quality sound, this system has effective connectivity options. This can prove to be the best soundbar for music.
Soundbar Buying Guide
Let us see how these soundbars work. We shall also look at the aspects of buying the right kind of soundbar for your LED TV.
What exactly constitutes a soundbar system?
In effect, the soundbar is a single speaker system that can be fitted below the LED TV. The dynamics suggest that it is an elongated tube-like contraption that is mode wide than tall. It literally runs through the length of the TV set.
You can call it a traditional wide stereo speaker. You get a home theatre like feeling because of the length of the speaker. This width creates the virtual surround sound effect.
Usually, you find the soundbars containing the amplifier built into the speaker. Under such circumstances, you will find the system having cables. Otherwise, these soundbars are wireless systems.
The soundbar comes with subwoofers and tweeters. These systems connect to the main speaker system usually wirelessly. This enables you to place the subwoofer inside the furniture.
These systems come with a remote. The higher end and medium end systems come with universal remote control systems.
What should you look for when shopping for a soundbar system?
Every soundbar system should contain the following accessories.
This is an important decision to make. Should you buy a soundbar with or without subwoofers? In simple terms, subwoofers are speaker drivers. They can reproduce low-frequency audio.
You need subwoofers to add muscle to TV shows and movies. They can amplify the sound and create a fuller effect thereby projecting wholesome audio throughout the room.
In the normal course, the soundbars have only one cable to connect to the TV. You will find optical cables in some systems. The HDMI is a preferable option. This is because it supports more audio options as compared to the optical cables. This ensures that you get higher quality sound.
The soundbar systems of today have a new protocol, HDMI ARC (Audio Return Channel). This system allows easy exchange of information between the TV and the soundbar.
This system allows the routing of the video signals to the TV and the sound from the TV. You have the facility to control the volume as well as power using a single remote. Some of the soundbars offer you the facility to connect numerous other instruments like mobiles, iPods, etc thereby acting as an entertainment hub.
When you shop around for soundbars, you will encounter terms like 2.0, 3.1, and 5.1, etc. What do these numbers signify?
These numbers let you understand the number of channels a soundbar has and whether the soundbar has a subwoofer or not. The first digit refers to the number of drivers whereas the number after the decimal constitutes the number of subwoofers.
The number 2.0 suggests that there are 2 drivers and no subwoofer systems. Similarly, 5.1 denote 5 drivers and 1 subwoofer. When there are five drivers, it means speakers on the right, left, centre, rear, and surround speakers.
Sometimes, you have wireless subwoofer or wireless satellite speakers. You can also find some systems having a third number, 5.1.4. Under such circumstances, the final number 4 denotes the number of dedicated drivers to create an enveloping effect.
The present-day soundbars come with ‘Atmos’, a surround sound technology capable of processing 128 distinct objects in a particular scene.
Where do you place the soundbars? In the case of wall-mounted TVs, it is very convenient to place the soundbars below the TV set on the wall. The problem arises when you use the entertainment stand to place the TV.
You will not be able to keep the soundbar on the stand because that would block the IR sensor of the TV.
There is a new technology available nowadays known as IR repeaters. These pass the signal through the soundbar to the TV sensor.
Frequently Asked Questions
Shiva Kumar is a 25-year-old Blogger from India. He is a Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert. Constantly funny – Randomly Serious!