Generally, NVidia is the prime manufacturer of graphics cards. They offer a series of graphics cards ranging from the GTX versions to the RTX cards that offer ray tracing.
This tabular comparison should help decide which of the two graphics cards among the GTX 1650 and GTX 1650 Ti is better.
The configuration of the GTX 1650 is similar to the GTX 1650 Ti in many parameters. Therefore, we restrict our discussion to the aspects where the two cards differ.
|Parameters||GeForce GTX 1650||GeForce GTX 1650 Ti|
|Thermal Design Power – TDP||75W||50W|
|GPU Clock Speed||1485 MHz||1350 MHz|
|Pixel Rate||53.28 GPixels/sec||47.52 GPixels/sec|
|Floating Point Performance – TFLOPS||2.98 TFLOPS||3.04 TFLOPS|
|GPU Memory Speed||2000 MHz||1500 MHz|
|Texture Rate||93.24 GTexels/sec||95.04 GTexels/sec|
|Texture Mapping Units||56||64|
|GPU Turbo||1665 MHz||1485 MHz|
|Effective Memory Speed||8000 MHz||12000 MHz|
|Maximum Memory Bandwidth||128 GB/s||192 GB/s|
|GDDR Memory Version||GDDR5||GDDR6|
|HDMI Output||Available||Not available|
|Multi-display technology||Supports||Does not support|
The inference is as follows.
- TDP – A lower TDP indicates that it consumes less power.
- GPU Clock Speed – The higher the clock speed, the faster the processing is.
- Pixel Rate – The higher the number of pixels rendered to the screen, the better is its performance.
- TFLOPS – A better TFLOPS displays higher raw processing power of the GPU.
- Memory Speed – This aspect determines the memory bandwidth.
- Texture Rate – It indicates the number of textured pixels that can be rendered to the screen in one second.
- Shading Units – These are stream processors situated within the graphics card responsible for processing different aspects of an image.
- Texture Mapping Units – The more the TMU, the faster is the texture information processing.
- GPU Turbo – A higher turbo clock speed ensures increased performance when the GPU runs below its limitations.
- Effective Memory Speed – A higher memory clock speed enhances gaming performances.
- Maximum Memory Bandwidth – It indicates the maximum rate at which the data can be read from or stored into memory.
- GDDR Memory Version – GDDR6 is the later and more advanced version than GDDR5. It displays faster memory speeds and higher bandwidth.
- HDMI Output – HDMI output port allows the transfer of High-definition video and audio to a display.
- Multi-display technology – NVidia GeForce GTX 1650 supports multi-display technology, whereas GTX 1650 Ti does not.
The Comparison – Which is the better graphics card?
- Both GTX 1650 and GTX 1650 Ti cards are based on Turing architecture TU117 chip. Both these cards do not support ray tracing as the RTX cards do.
- Both these cards are based on the 12nm manufacturing process.
- The GTX 1650 Ti version offers a lower base clock speed but a higher TGP of 55W than GTX 1650’s 50W. Thus, the Ti versions offer better power headroom.
- Initially, the GTX 1650 was launched with GDDR5 memory, but the latest version of the card supports GDDR6 memory.
- The benchmark comparison places the GTX 1650 Ti as slightly faster than the GTX 1650 by 7%.
Let us now compare the performance of both these graphics cards on some of the latest games. First, we consider the average FPS performance of these cards @ 1080p. Naturally, the higher the FPS, the better is the performance.
|Game||NVidia GeForce GTX 1650||NVidia GeForce GTX 1650 Ti|
|Red Dead Redemption 2||32.73||35.29|
|Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020||13.5||16|
|The Division 2||41.95||43.95|
|The Witcher 3||44||45|
|Monster Hunter: World||36.5||37.25|
|Far Cry New Dawn||43.5||45|
|Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon – Breakpoint||26.5||28|
|Shadow of the Tomb Raider||45||47|
|Assassin’s Creed Odyssey||20||22|
|Call of Duty – Modern Warfare||37.06||40.2|
|Forza Horizon 4||68||80|
|Detroit Became Human||30||34|
|Call of Duty – Warzone||54||62|
|Resident Evil 3||52||61|
We observe that the GTX 1650 Ti offers slightly better average FPS performance than the GTX 1650. Hence, it delivers a better gaming performance by reducing screen lag. However, the difference is only marginal.
The GeForce GTX 1650 and GTX 1650 Ti feature similar architecture, but the GTX 1650 Ti offers a marginal better gaming performance, primarily because it comes with GDDR6 memory instead of GDDR5. Thus, you get faster R/W speeds and higher memory bandwidth. Otherwise, the performances of both these cards are similar. However, with NVidia introducing the latest GTX 1650 card with GDDR6 memory, it narrows down the differences between the GTX 1650 and GTX 1650 Ti.
- Asus TUF F15 ( i5 11400H) vs HP Victus (Ryzen 5 5600H) – RTX 3050 Gaming Benchmarks
- RTX 3050 vs GTX 1650 vs GTX 1650 Ti | Comparison & Benchmarks
- Intel’s Higher-end Xe-HPG Graphics Cards To Lock Horns With NVidia RTX 3070?
- Top 20 GPU Benchmark Software (2021 Edition) Free/Paid!
- Intel Iris Xe DG1 Dedicated GPU Gaming Performance & Benchmarks!
Srinivasa is Vsbytes’s Editor-In-Chief. He Is A Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert And Has Been Interested In Computer Hardware, Software, And Gaming Right Since The Time He Was A Child.