Are you looking for the best semi automatic washing machine for your home? If Yes, then you are in the right place.
Washing clothes is no longer a chore as you have washing machines in every home.
However, the semi-automatic washing machines are still a favourite with people leaving in the semi-urban and rural areas.
Table of Contents
- Best Semi Automatic washing machines
- 1. LG 8.0Kg Semi-automatic Top Loading Washing Machine – P9037R3SM
- 2. LG 7.5Kg Semi-automatic Top Loading Washing Machine – P8541R3SA
- 3. Samsung 7.2Kg Semi-automatic Top Loading Washing machine – WT725QPNDMP
- 4. Whirlpool 7Kg Semi-automatic Top Loading Washing Machine – Superb Atom 70S
- 5. LG 7.0Kg Semi-automatic Top Loading Washing Machine – P8053R3SA
- 6. Whirlpool 7Kg Semi-automatic Top Loading washing machine – Superb Atom 70S-Grey
- 7. LG 6.5Kg Semi-automatic Top-Loading Washing Machine – P7550R3FA
- 8. Samsung 6.5Kg Semi-automatic Top Loading Washing Machine – WT657QPNDPGXTL
- 9. Whirlpool 6.2 Kg Semi-automatic Top-Loading Washing Machine Superb Atom 621
- 10. Intex 6.2Kg Semi-Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine WMS62TL
- Semi Automatic washing machine – Buying Guide
Best Semi Automatic washing machines
1. LG 8.0Kg Semi-automatic Top Loading Washing Machine – P9037R3SM
LG has a reputation for being India’s most trusted brand of consumer appliances. This semi-automatic washing machine bears ample testimony to this fact because of its excellent features.
LG washing machines come with excellent features such as Roller Jet Pulsator. This pulsator has a high rotation speed, thereby providing a greater degree of friction. It ends up washing your clothes better.
The spin shower system washes off the soap residue to leave your clothes sparklingly clean. The collar scrubber makes your job easy. The air dryer ensures to dry your clothes by at least 40%.
The magic wheels make your machine move smoothly from one place to the other. Rats do not dare to come near your device because of Rat Away Technology at work.
2. LG 7.5Kg Semi-automatic Top Loading Washing Machine – P8541R3SA
LG has washing machines to suit all kinds of Indian families. No wonder, these washing machines are the best semi-automatic washing machines in India at the moment.
This LG semi-automatic washing machine features three easy wash programmes, gentle, regular, and strong. It enables the user to choose the ideal one depending on the need of the hour.
The spin tub has a fantastic rotation speed of 1400 rpm. The spin shower ensures to remove traces of soap sticking to your clothes. The air-dry feature speeds up your drying time by more than 40%.
3. Samsung 7.2Kg Semi-automatic Top Loading Washing machine – WT725QPNDMP
Samsung provides the ideal competition to LG washing machines in many ways. This 7.2 Kg semi-automatic washing ranks among the best semi-automatic washing machine under Rs 10,000.
This Samsung 7.2Kg washing machine is a comfortable appliance, as it comes some of the best features not usually available with other devices.
At the same time, it does not let the debris to clog your drains. The air turbo drying system helps to dry the clothes by at least 40% before you hang them out in the open. The buzzer alerts you when the washing job is complete.
4. Whirlpool 7Kg Semi-automatic Top Loading Washing Machine – Superb Atom 70S
Along with Samsung and LG, Whirlpool is also a reputed brand that is very popular among Indian homemakers. It is the best 7Kg semi-automatic washing machine under Rs 9,000.
This washing machine comes with an intelligent scrub station where you can conveniently scrub your clothes before putting them into your device. This scrub station works as a multi-utility tray to enable you to transport your clothes after the wash.
The in-built memory allows the machine to resume from where it left off during a power outage. This machine features a powerful 340W motor to deliver a power-packed performance.
5. LG 7.0Kg Semi-automatic Top Loading Washing Machine – P8053R3SA
Here is another excellent 7.0Kg washing machine model from LG that can serve a family of four perfectly. This washing machine comes with all the unique features that other LG machines have to rank as one of the best 7.0Kg semi-automatic washing machines.
This LG washing machine comes with three customised wash programmes to take care of all your washing needs. Soaking your clothes is possible because it enables you to remove the most stubborn dirt easily.
This washing machine has a sturdy plastic body with a rat repellent cover to keep these pests away.
6. Whirlpool 7Kg Semi-automatic Top Loading washing machine – Superb Atom 70S-Grey
The Whirlpool 7Kg Superb Atom 70S comes in different variants of which the Grey version ranks as one of the ideal semi-automatic washing machines under Rs 9,000.
The Whirlpool 70S-Grey is an excellent washing machine to have in the home because of its superb features.
The in-built memory function enables the machine to start from where it left off during the power cut. The powerful 340W motor makes it one of the best performing washing machines in India.
7. LG 6.5Kg Semi-automatic Top-Loading Washing Machine – P7550R3FA
This LG 6.5 Kg washing might be a bit expensive as compared to its peers, but it delivers a tremendous performance that saves you a lot of money in the end. Hence, it is one of the best semi-automatic washing machines under Rs 11,000.
This LG machine comes with a durable body with a rat repellent coating to keep pests away from the delicate parts of the device.
The spin shower facility efficiently removes all traces of soap residue. The best aspect of the machine is the Air Dry technology to reduce your labour, as the clothes come out nearly 40% dry.
8. Samsung 6.5Kg Semi-automatic Top Loading Washing Machine – WT657QPNDPGXTL
This Samsung 6.5Kg washing machine is the best one to have if you have a small family of three to four persons. It is a user-friendly machine that lives up to its reputation for being one of the best semi-automatic washing machines under 10,000
Samsung washing machines come with some innovative technology or the other. This product features a Double Storm Dual Jet System to create multi-dimensional water currents to ensure deep cleaning of your clothes.
The Air-Dry turbo feature makes your job of drying clothes that much easy. The big wheel enables smooth movement of the machine from one place to the other. This machine comes with a robust plastic body that is rust-proof and hence, durable.
9. Whirlpool 6.2 Kg Semi-automatic Top-Loading Washing Machine Superb Atom 621
Here is another Whirlpool product from the Superb Atom Series, but with a reduced capacity of 6.2Kg. Ideal for small families and single individuals, this Whirlpool product is indeed the best 6.2Kg semi-automatic washing machine under Rs 9,000.
This Whirlpool appliance features a large washtub that can accommodate all your clothes in one go. The multi-utility tray is an excellent feature.
The in-built memory is one of the highlights of this machine, as you can conveniently use it even after a power cut. The machine starts from where it left off.
10. Intex 6.2Kg Semi-Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine WMS62TL
Intex is a new entrant into the washing machine field. However, this 6.2Kg washing machine comes with excellent features to rank as the best semi-automatic washing machines under Rs 7,000.
The Intex 6.2Kg washing machine is different from the others as it comes with a feature to heat the water up to 55 degrees Centigrade. Though it is a small washing machine, it is ideal for couples, students, and bachelors.
The ABS control panel, plastic body, PP Cabinet and Pulsator along with the water inlet selector and transparent lid, making it a complete washing machine in all respects.
Semi Automatic washing machine – Buying Guide
Is there any difference at all between the two types?
Apart from one basic difference, you would not find any in the aspects of washing, cleaning, and drying clothes. The fully automatic machines envisage the washing and drying of clothes in the same container whereas you have to transfer clothes from one container to another when you use a semi-automatic machine. Other than this basic difference, there isn’t any.
Semi-automatic washing machines – Merits
In spite of the fact that these machines are gradually giving way to the fully-automatic ones, there are various merits. We shall look at them in brief.
- These semi-automatic machines are inexpensive when compared to their fully automatic counterparts.
- These machines consume less water. In fact, you decide how much water to use and not the machine. There is no need for a constant supply of water for these machines.
- Smaller towns have more power cuts. These machines are useful in the sense that you can stop them and start them whenever you wish.
- You can add clothes at any time during the cycle. It is also possible to use the wash and spin cycle simultaneously.
Semi-automatic washing machines – Demerits
Naturally, you have some demerits as well. It is better for homemakers to be aware of the same before they venture to purchase their washing machines. This enables them to take an informed decision.
- The semi-automatic machines consume a lot of your time in transferring clothes from the wash tub to the spinning tub. In the fully automatic machines, you can load the clothes once and let the machine do the rest.
- You have the facility to control the usage of water, but you do need to maintain a certain minimum level irrespective of the number of clothes you wash. This is not the case with the fully automatic ones as you have certain machines consume less water in case you have fewer clothes to wash.
- It is not advisable to wash delicate items like expensive saris in the semi-automatic machines. This is because the agitator and impeller can tangle your clothes.
- You need to switch off the electric power when you transfer clothes from the wash tub to the spin tub. This is required to prevent unnecessary electric shocks.
Semi-automatic washing machines – FAQ
It is a minor problem. One should ensure that the drainpipe is in perfect horizontal position. A drainage system is essential for an efficient spinning performance
This is due to the incorrect balancing of the machine. Ensure the surface is even. Some machines have adjustable screws to balance the machine perfectly.
It can happen that coins and debris can get trapped in the impeller. It is necessary to remove them to ensure a smooth performance. Grease the bearings frequently to reduce noise.
Check out the selector on the control panel. If it is set to the ‘Drain’ mode, change it to the ‘Wash’ mode. If the problem persists, there can be an issue with the drain valve.
The semi-automatic machines are gradually phasing out of India as well. However, you do have some efficient machines as listed above. There are people in smaller cities that prefer to use these machines.
These machines are the best for first-time users as it makes a switch from the manual washing to machine washing. Once you get used to these machines, you can always graduate to the fully automatic ones.
If you have any queries regarding the selection of the best semi automatic washing machine, post them in the comments section below and I’ll try to answer them.